Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round and round we go...

kes1603
Dabbler

Round and round we go...

To Adam Walker / PLUSNET
WHY do you put so many obstacles in the customers way ? You asked me what I expected you to do.. well, COMPENSATION.. for the failed engineer visit, the 60 mile round trip I made and for the day taken off work. the legal term being Consequential Loss.
Another point which has angered me is regarding previous communications. All of a sudden you were able to see what the problem was regarding the failed engineer visit by looking at my other account to find the 'correct' info.. so that proves a point on it's own doesn't it?
So why could you NOT have done that in the first place?
The whole sorry situation could quite easily have been sorted long ago IF the phone calls and messages I've been promised a reply to HAD HAPPENED !
Instead, you/Plusnet  have just left it in the hope I'd give up even though I have had messages saying the issue has been escalated, but I can only assume 'into the basement'. nothing has happened.
I know this may seem trivial and probably is and I'm sorry your getting the rough end of the stick for somebody else's incompetence at the start when the engineer failed to show. It's the 'sticking the two fingers up' at customers and the principal ' oh he's got the phone a week late, so what '' behind this that gets under the skin.
Why should it be the customer that has to phone in 2 hours after a failed visit timeslot, which was booked and paid for weeks in advance, before you can be updated as to what happened? Don't you have phones your end to ring us??? Parcel delivery firms use the same technology you use, called radio and microwave transmissions, to update their data base within seconds of a delivery. Prey tell why it is then that the engineer, who will be at the heart of the telephone network AND with a customers details and CANNOT be bothered to phone a customer direct as well as informing his base of an issue. I found out recently that the engineer was at the exchange at 0947,(visit was weeks ago)  but I could not get an update till 1500.. some 5 hours later! I could have driven to your head office and back for an update quicker, although Im not sure which one Plusnet or BT as you are owned by BT. It seems you have been infiltrated by BT manager mentality and their customer service issues.
Why do you pass the buck and blame another department when our contract is with YOU ? We are not interested in 'it looks like BT need to do some extra work on the line' or ' your previous service has not migrated ' .. Take ownership.
Does it not compute that a letter such as this should unnecessary if someone had seen it through properly? That a letter of complaint would deserve some form of compensation ?

One more point to keep in mind, I WILL NOT LET THIS DROP ! For a company in the business of communications, and with the wealth of technological devices available to us all, please, try using some of them.  Even the old fashioned letter is still active as I saw a postman the other day.
After all your advert does say ''Plusnet – we'll make you proud '' .. of exactly what?
Mr Williams
A VERY annoyed customer.
2 REPLIES 2
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Round and round we go...

Please don't think that we're ignoring you, but Adam is looking into this issue for you as per his replies to this thread.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Round and round we go...