cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling contract or renewed without asking/telling me?

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Rolling contract or renewed without asking/telling me?

Sitting here with the flu, feeling sorry for myself, I decided it was time to review all outgoings. Checked my details on the PN account portal.
For my telephone 'talk any time' I see that I am in ' Month 1 of my 12 month contract'. Which is quite interesting as I haven't spoken to anyone at PN for over a year. So how did I take out this new 12 month contract?
Surely if I have fulfilled my 12 month contractual obligation, I should not be tied to another 11 months?
I am not thinking of leaving but who knows what will happen in a week,a month or tomorrow even?
I was actually checking to see what call costs are covered with this contract as we don't make international calls, and wanted to know if 0800, 0845 etc are covered.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Rolling contract or renewed without asking/telling me?

if you're over your 12 month contract then it will turn into a rolling one month contract - unless you've renewed or taken up an offer.
Ofcom have stated you can't have an auto renewing contract now I believe.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Dvorak that's what I believed, but it definitely says 'month 1 of 12 month contract'.
Had I had realised that my 12 month contract was up, I may have queried getting some concession for a new contract, in some sort of parity with the new customer deals currently being advertised on TV. Wink Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi doris barloff,
I can confirm that if you signed up for a 12 month contract and this has now expired then you would be on a one month rolling contract. I would advise that you contact our Customer Options team on 0800 432 0200 to discuss the availability of a new deal.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that Linn, I will do. Maybe someone could look at three easy three information is displayed in the account pages, because it definitely looks like I have renewed my contract already.