cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to have part of my credit refunded

parentphone

Request to have part of my credit refunded

I've just spoken with an advisor who explained several times that my credit would not be reduced as it would be used to pay for calls that exceed my call plan. I also explained several times that since I've opted for the Anytime International 300 I do not foresee my £75 credit being necessary. The advisor explained that my credit would not be returned until I terminate my contract. Given the amount of time it took researching and choosing Plusnet, as much as it galls me, this will not be anytime soon.

Holding my funds and not having any protocols in place to refund an unnecessarily high credit amount leaves me feeling very dissatisfied with the service that I am receiving from Plusnet.

Dissatisfied customer.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Request to have part of my credit refunded

@parentphone 

My understanding, unless you have a different arrangement with Plusnet, is that this is the credit that Plusnet will allow you before they block phone calls in any month. It is credit that Plusnet will allow you to clock up, not your money that Plusnet are holding. This is reset when you pay your bill for any additional call charges each month to £75. As I said, unless you have a different arrangement with Plusnet this is not your money and will not be paid to you when you leave.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Baldrick1 I was just typing exactly that when I hit a wrong button and lost it. @parentphone has obviously been ill-advised in the phonecall they made.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Sounds like the Plusnet advisor needs to be, er, advised.  🤔

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to Home Phone.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine