Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting and closing reported faults

FIXED
Moz
Grafter

Reporting and closing reported faults

Yesterday I reported a fault on my telephone service via the automated text system. That worked well. I was given a a fault reference number and a likely time period for repair. 

Since reporting this fault it turns out it was a village wide problem that was resolved yesterday evening. I was give a timeframe of 1 to 4 working days for the repair. 

I decided this morning to close the fault TR0000014816379. However, I've just spent a frustrating 15 minutes on the Plusnet web pages going round in circles trying to find the reported problem. I've given up as other than ringing Plusnet I can find no way of reporting the fault as being rectified. I haven't got time to sit around hanging onto a phone call. As for Chat I couldn't even begin to know where to find that. 

I love Plusnet but the web pages are a labyrinth of dead ends.   

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Reporting and closing reported faults

Fix
If you log into the member centre and then click this https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search you should see your tickets
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Logging into the member centre should indicate that there is an open ticket, without the need to navigate to the helpful link posted above.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Moz
Grafter

@Townman @dvorak many thanks for your input and helpful comments. I've now got an email confirming the fault has been rectified with a helpful link to the question. However, I didn't get an email confirming my logging of the problem which may also have contained a helpful link had I been sent one. 

As someone who is not all that familiar with the Member Centre I've now seen a "Bell" logo which contains a link behind it to Question. I was looking for something a bit more obvious and in my face. Anyway lesson learned I know where to look now.