Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported a fault on landline and nothing

fastcd
Dabbler

Reported a fault on landline and nothing

Hello Everyone,
I need some advice please. I reported a fault yesterday afternoon at 16:00 approx (Ticket Number 37438478) and as yet I have not even received a text message or email to say we will be on to this Huh
Is this right? I'm certain that it said something about 9/10 hour queueing.
Thank you
PS I have checked everything this end i.e. stripped out everthing and connected to the master socket (with the face plate removed) and still no dial tone. The phone rings in but we cannot speak to anyone or phone out.
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Reported a fault on landline and nothing

Hi fastcd,
Your fault has now been raised to our supplier for further investigation.
Jojo Smiley
fastcd
Dabbler

Hello,
Thank you.
I have been without the telephone since Friday last and without the internet since Sunday am. I called customer service and spoke to Helena on Sunday to express my concern that I had not received so much as a text message to let me know that this was 'in hand'. Helena get 10 out of 10 for her help and call back.
This afternoon I called and spoke to Leha , once again great customer care. I was told that BT had checked the line and there was no problem with it (remember this started before the snow etc). I spoke to someone in faults who was no so helpful and ended the call.
Once again I went through the process of checking everything this end - no connection. I again phone customer service and spoke to Simon (another good guy) He passed me onto Simon in faults and he arranged for an engineer and was very helpful.
Can you guess what happened after this? Our land line beeped and hey presto the line was 'turned back on' and the internet also. It can only be BT.  I reckon that after Simon submitted his engineers request  to BT, then they looked at the problem properly! Whatever they did on Friday they now undid!
Lastly I spoke to Richard at Plusnet and he has cancelled the BT engineer and was very helpful too.
So, £10 top up Vodafone card to talk to customer services over this period = £8.73 used in calls to Plusnet and it was not their fault! As my wife was due to go into Hallamshire Hospital over this period (Tuesday) I found the whole episode stressful
I am now back online and on the phone.
Thank you to all the Plusnet staff.
Regards
fastcd
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fastcd,
Thank you for the feedback. I will be relaying your comments to the appropriate team leaders.
Jojo Smiley