cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report 9311706

Sarah63
Dabbler

Report 9311706

Any idea when we might get a response on this. Since the phone doesn't work, the normal PN reply - by phone - casuses a slight problemet!! Grin
14 REPLIES 14
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Report 9311706

Hi there
Sorry for the delay in getting this picked up.
I'm working on this for you now and I'll drop a update on the question shortlt
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sarah63
Dabbler

we have conflicting emails from you. One says will be restored on 23 - Thursday, the other says it is on hold until Friday Huh
Bit confused - and since we dont have a phone you cant call us and we cant call you!!
And the Internet connection is very hit and miss. Just have to cross fingers we have a connection when we send - or recieve!
Cheers
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The second one is the time they check back to ensure that the fix on the 23rd actually happened
Sarah63
Dabbler

Thanks for the swift reply. Lets hope they actually turn up tomorrow!!
Sarah63
Dabbler

Yippee,  the phone is back!! seems it was condensation in an old BT PCB. All been changed and the phone works. Now all we have to do is get the Internet back on reliable fast Broadband and we can be cooking on gas.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi (again),
I wish I'd seen this before responding to the other thread!
We're glad the phone is working. Normally the broadband connection would also be improved once the phone line is. Looking at the stats on yours, I'm not so sure this will happen. If you could keep an eye on it, it would be helpful. It will be slow for the time being, but this should pick up if the line remains stable.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Sarah63
Dabbler

Hi Tony
Sorry about the double post.
Internet still iffy. Did a speedtest just now and is 179 Down and 344 up (yesterday was 197 Down and 163 Up). Will check again tomorrow. I can use the internet for simple email and google search but no streaming (youtube etc)
Cheers
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sarah63,
Thanks for getting back to us to confirm the details on the broadband side of the issue. It sound very much like the phone line fault has kicked what's know as Dynamic Line Management into play on the broadband. This feature reduces the speed of your connection to a level where it can keep the connection going without dropping out, In this instance though, the issue was so severed it appears to have really reduced the speed.
Normally we will start to see this speed increase after the initial 24 hours of the fault being fixed however it is a little concerning that this doesn't appear to have shifted yet. Given this I'll take a quick look over the details of the connection and see where we stand however I would hope that you would see this shift automatically.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sarah63,
Just a quick update for you on this one....
I managed to get the account username from Alex and have a look over the issue for you and this is just as I suspected. I have now placed an order to get the line rate reset so hopefully we should see the speeds return over the course of the next 24 hours.
Please let us know how this looks tomorrow afternoon.
Sarah63
Dabbler

Hi Adam
Tested again this afternoon. This time with Ethernet cable connected(not Wireless)  and via BT rather than MySpeedTest. Down  0.14Mb Up 0.23Mb.
Tried MySpeedTest but it won't work!! And with these speeds I can't view the PlusNet Youtube help!!
I realise you are trying to help and I appreciate the effort
Cheers
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
I've just tested the line and can see it's really quite bad still. The SNR hasn't budged meaning you're getting the same slow speeds. I want to just check the details of the reset and I'll update you shortly.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
Your line was still banded which I've sorted it (line tests show you are now syncing at 2Mbit) but I want to keep an eye on it.
I've created ticket  ticket 93583104 so that I can check the situation when I'm back in the office on Monday.
If you check the speeds after ten minutes, I'm going to reboot your connection remotely for you.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Sarah63
Dabbler

Hi Tony - and thank you so much for all your work.
I am back!!
And thanks to all your colleagues for their work. Your dedication is appreciated.
Now to persuade my sister to change to PN!!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
Things look OK now, but please keep an eye on the speeds.
Remember your referral discount when your sister signs up. Details here

Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team