cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed LRS and Broadband Phone has disappeared

jaygee

Renewed LRS and Broadband Phone has disappeared

I just renewed LRS . When checking my phone calls page, my legacy payg Broadband Phone section has disappeared. What is going on?  Has this been removed ? I still had about £2 credit.
34 REPLIES 34
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Renewed LRS and Broadband Phone has disappeared

The component is still on your account, must just be a display issue.
jaygee

Thanks for the quick reply, Ben.  But how do we resolve the 'display issue' ?  It's obviously at the PN end.  I need to access my broadband phone control panel.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Can't you get to it directly at https://voip.plus.net/login/ ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

That's the only way I can access it, it has NEVER been on my account even though I have had it for several years, I used to have a link to "buy bb phone" but no more.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

That's also the only way I know of to access it after the Icon/link disappeared from my Member Centre Control Panel when I upgraded from a legacy account to 'Unlimited' in Dec 2012.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Hb/RobPN, As you guys, I'd normally access it directly from voip.plus.net but just checked and my account does still have the Icon which takes you to the BB phone page which has the link to voip.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaygee

Weird !  I have always accessed from the phone calls page even after going to unlimited - it was just always there - a view button for Home Phone & a view button for BB Phone. It was very convenient having access to both from the one easy-to-get-to page. Because of this I wasn't aware of the link just posted. It takes me to my  BB Phone login. So thanks, guys.  I don't find it easy to find things in PN's menu system.
I had wondered if the renewal of residential LRS might link to the broadband service which is now business only and reset it  - but my new LRS shouldn't kick in till end of December. The item was there last time I looked a few days back so I don't know what PN have done . Changes ought to be notified to customers.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I really don't think this is a deliberate change but I'd like to see a few examples to ensure that any problem raised has an adequate amount of detail regarding what circumstances the icon is present or not.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Since a few of us have had this issue for YEARS I don't think it is a recent change.
You can check my account Ben it used to be there but only as an ADD not as a link, I have always had to go via the voip... link in the original email, it isn't there any more and hasn't been for a while, I don't access the page often to tell you when it disappeared.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i have broadband phone under account details
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Legacy broadband phone details have also vanished from my Phone accounts page. Not sure when this happened.
David
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always had a "Broadband Phone" section in the Communicate -> Phone Calls area,
but having seen this thread, I just checked and the "Broadband Phone" section has indeed disappeared.
However I do have a "Broadband Phone" icon under My Account -> Account Details
I can still access my VoIP account using the link https://voip.plus.net
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm sure mine was there too (same as purleigh) but gone now, still in the Account details section though.
I rarely look for it so I have no idea how long it's been gone.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
andy265
Grafter

I used to have an icon in the phone calls section, but mine has gone as well. It's still there under account details.
I'm not sure when it disappeared, but it was still there after I upgraded to unlimited and was gone after I renewed the line rental saver last week.