cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing phone package

Spooooky
Dabbler

Removing phone package

I wanted to remove my phone package because I no longer want to use my phone to make calls. It's getting too expensive with having to go via a text relay operator to make calls. I still need phone line rental for broadband. 

I noticed from my account online you cannot remove the phone package. You can only change it. I don't want to have to phone plus net just to remove this via text relay and costing me money.

Is there any other way to be able to remove the package? 

Much thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Removing phone package

You should be able to change your call plan to 'Line only' online.

This thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/How-do-I-cancel-my-call-plan/td-p/1428365 should help explain

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

hi @Spooooky

@Spooooky wrote:

It's getting too expensive with having to go via a text relay operator to make calls.

Am I to understand from this that you're being charged more because the call is longer? that shouldn't be the case

Our accessibility page says

The cost of a text relay call should be the same as if you made the call without text relay. We know that text relay calls can take longer than a normal voice call, so we make adjustments to your call charges to make sure that you aren't out of pocket.

If this isn't working as intended please let me know

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just order line rental from https://pulse8broadband.co.uk/line-packages at £13 per month - Plusnet will charge you extra for not having the line with them and it still works out way cheaper. Plus if you did ever use the phone it is way cheaper than Plusnet - no call setup fee (Plusnet charge 21p) and peak rate calls to landlines are 1p per minute (Plusnet 12.54p per minute).

Edit: also Pulse8 charge to the second, Plusnet round up to the next minute.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bin
Aspiring Pro

@jelv

Not wishing to hijack this thread, but I notice from your sig that the arrangement you have for isp and telco provider is what I am looking at right now.

De-coupling PN phone and BB seems to be the first step - in which case I guess that signing up for pulse8 - or perhaps IDNet - would trigger a process whereby they go to PN and take over the line.

What I'm concerned about here is PN then ceasing the BB connection as well - did you have to go through CS in order to make this work?

Step 2 then is of course to move BB to A&A - I hope you've found them to be good?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

To have Plusnet broadband Plusnet require you have a phone line supplied by BT Wholesale (BTw) so there is no reason why moving to a Pulse8 BTw line would cause your broadband to be disconnected. The only possibility is if the price of your package depends on having the phone line with Plusnet you may find they want to charge you extra over and above the £2.50 surcharge for having a non-Plusnet phone. My phone was never with Plusnet and I moved it from BT Retail to Pulse8 a couple of months before I moved the broadband.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)