cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing 1571 voicemail - impossible

Mary8

Removing 1571 voicemail - impossible

I am unable to remove 1571 voicemail on my home phone using the my account facility. I thought it would be straightforward as there is a facility to remove features. However, I encounter a message that says unable to remove this as I have an order pending, which I do not have! This appears to be a common message when I have looked into this, so obviously a fault with the site which prevents people from removing this. It is impossible to get through on the phone, so have resorted to seeking support here to get this removed.  Help please. 

4 REPLIES 4
peterfog

Re: Removing 1571 voicemail - impossible

Hello, I need 1571 removed also please. I rang customer services and he said that as it wasn't listed on my account, he couldn't remove it. It isn't listed on my call features, but it is nevertheless activated and is interfering with the messaging system on my handset. I didn't ask for this and it's getting in the way. Please help!!

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@peterfog Welcome to the forum. 🙂

Obviously PN are somewhat behind in catching up on faults and queries just now.

1571 cuts in after seven rings on no reply. As a temporary measure, is it possible to adjust your messaging system to cut in before 1571?

1571 would still answer on busy of course.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
peterfog

Thanks 198kHz, changed number of rings to 6. Hopefully that will do for now, but would rather it was gone, as I like lots of rings so I can get to the phone in time whilst also having the option to monitor, in case I don't want to answer it! 

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Steve16
Fixes: 1

I have the opposite problem - I had Call Minder, then tried to add caller display (which had stopped working) and Call Minder was removed! Now I can't get it back. I have a ticket raised and have posted the issue here - I suspect a system issue between the Plusnet dashboard and the BT systems which add or remove the services at the exchange. I was an IT Service Manager for BT for many years and have some experience in this area Sad