cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Voicemail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove Voicemail not working

Having searched the forum, I tried a 'fix' - this took me to a page of call features but voicemail was not showing, therefore I was unable to 'remove' it myself.  I did not want this adding to my line in the first place?!

I am unable to telephone customer service but there is no option to email or live chat (live chat is "busy" and no customer service email address is available?) - I therefore HAD to set up this community ID which I do not want or need! 

Please can you assist by 1) removing voicemail from my account and 2) then deleting this community ID, removing me from any related mailing lists / data banks.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove Voicemail not working

This (image attached hopefully) is what is showing on my account - meaning I cannot fix this myself, as there is no option to do so - because 'voicemail' is not showing.

Why not have a 'disable' function on 1571 itself - press 8 to stop voicemail for example?  This seems harder than it should be for something you automatically add to people's phonelines.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having issues removing your voicemail feature.

1) removing voicemail from my account

I've sorted this for you now by placing an order to remove the service from the Openreach systems.

It should be gone within the next few hours.

2) then deleting this community ID, removing me from any related mailing lists / data banks.

I can't do this, but hopefully our community developer @jaread83 will be able to help out.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I will remove this users forum account.
Thanks

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Mdvplus

I have the same problem: I want to disable 1571 but according to the portal voicemail is not activated.  Please can this be deactivated for me.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Mdvplus 

I've placed the order with our suppliers to remove Wholesale 1571 from your line. 

This can take up to 24 hours but normally happens sooner. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. 

All the best, 

MoR