cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember to put the receiver down

Not applicable

Remember to put the receiver down

A cautionary tale: Just been into the portal to take a quick gander at my telephone calls and found that I am no longer in credit (usually put a fiver on to cover the cost of mobiles etc.). Found that I am in debit to the tune of £3-something.
Taking a closer look, I find that there is a mobile number for nearly £6 (1 hour plus on the timer).
Had words with OH and lo and behold it is the number of someone who he knows but was definitely not on for that long so he must have left the thing connected instead of disconnecting the telephone properly.
He's not too pleased with himself (neither am I for that matter)!
Sad
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Remember to put the receiver down

Well...you know what us men are like Poppy. Can't be trusted with anything too technical Wink Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Ouch, I wouldn't want to be in Mr Poppy's shoes  Shocked
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mal0z
Grafter

A similar tale..........

I'm on home phone so "free" calls in evening and weekend. Phoned a friend, and got so engrossed helping them with a technical issue with PC etc, - I totally forgot the one hour limit, and talked for a further 50 minutes, thereby clocking up a charge......
Must remember to set a stop watch at start of calls - and clear down and redial at about 55 minutes...........
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Easy to do Mal, done it myself, ended up with a sore leg  Huh
(referring to the former point).