cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remaining minutes - countdown?

Neo
Grafter

Remaining minutes - countdown?

I've just changed to PlusNet's Home Phone service and I noticed that the 300 free minutes was actually only 243. I queried this and was told this was because the next billing date is less than 1 month away. OK I thought, if a little mean  Sad
Now it seems the number is counting down on it's own (without any calls being made) - the figure is now  232 minutes.
Is this normal?  Shocked
I thought the all the free minutes would be available for the whole billing period?
11 REPLIES 11
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Remaining minutes - countdown?

I'm halfway through my month and still have 300 mins left - possibly because I've not made any overseas calls. That should be the only way that the number reduces.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Embarrassed how do I check the free minutes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are you still on the 240 anytime Jim?
go to here https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_my_account
its then shown as below
nadger
Rising Star

Mine show under Phone calls/account summary
Account summary
Product:
Talk Evenings & Weekends
Phone number:
015********
Remaining mins:
300 min
Next payment date:
18/08/10
Credit limit:
£55.00

Credit available:
£55.00
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Mine doesn't
Account summary
Product:
Talk Anytime
Phone number:
01202******
Next payment date:
23/08/10
Credit limit:
£25.00

Credit available:
£25.00
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's currently showing as 232 minutes, please let me know if it drops any further so I can re-check and raise a problem if necessary.
Neo
Grafter

Thanks to everyone who replied Wink I'm glad it's not normal for the minutes to be counting down on their own accord.
Quote from: Ben
It's currently showing as 232 minutes, please let me know if it drops any further so I can re-check and raise a problem if necessary.
It was originally (at the beginning of the day) 243 minutes, so it dropped by 11 minutes with no valid reason (no calls had been made).
It might sound petty, but please can these be put back? Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you make 11 minutes of chargeable calls to international numbers this month, let me know and I'll discount them from your next bill Smiley Unfortunately there's no way for me to 'top up' your included minutes.
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Mine doesn't

Oldjim - mine never has since I changed to Talk Anytime.
There have been some posts in other threads and I thought it was going to be sorted!   Huh
I raised a ticket at the beginning of June and got the following reply:
Thank you for your query. We are currently investigating a problem which means we have had to remove this information from the site, there is no current fix time however we would not expect this to take too long to resolve.
Neo
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
If you make 11 minutes of chargeable calls to international numbers this month, let me know and I'll discount them from your next bill Smiley
Thanks, I'm fairly sure we will Wink
Quote from: reserved
There have been some posts in other threads and I thought it was going to be sorted!
Yes I noticed that...
Quote from: Matt
Hi reserved and everyone else,
The remaining international minutes issue is still under investigation I'm afraid, at present there's other stuff being worked on but I should have the opportunity to push it further next week. I'll keep you posted.

Considering it doesn't take that many day-time calls to make up the £4.99 Anytime price (e.g. 22 calls [at an average of 2.5 minutes each] in one month) I've been thinking of moving to the Anytime package.
But I get the impression from Matt Taylor that showing the remaining minutes for Anytime customers is fairly low in PN priorities. Coastergrotto started that thread back in December! Guess in the mean time we'll have to use a stopwatch or something Roll_eyes
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about the delay in getting this one fixed (ref: 62526), it's not been classified as a high priority so whilst it will get fixed, it's likely to be included in a project roll out instead of being pushed ahead as a one-off.
I don't have an eta and don't want to set expectations because there are a number of factors that influence if and when this will be rolled out.