Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Referrals

I have just referred a family member to home phone, but nowhere during the signup was there an option to state if he had been referred by another PlusNet customer.  Both me and my family member have been playing ticket tennis with the CSC, with each of us being told to raise tickets, for the referral credit to be applied. Noone seems to know whats going on.  Surely this is a major omission from the homephone signup procedure?Huh
3 REPLIES 3
paulby
Grafter

Re: Referrals

You normally have to be signed up for broadband first before you can add Home Phone.
Whoever referred them for broadband (if anyone) would be the person who gets the referral credit for the Home Phone element.  (I've had referral credits added to my account for past referrals who subsequently added Home Phone to their account.)
prichardson
Grafter

Paul03.
Not true. We try not to make things complicated for customer to sign up to our products. Home Phone can be added at the point of signup, but the transfer itself is never initiated until after the Broadband order completes (and provided a Direct Debit is active on the account).
Penfold.
I'm sorry you have had the run around on this. Looking at it, only one response was provided out of place and could have actioned this without the confusion that has taken place. Effectivly being told to raise tickets twice on one account and one on the other.
Unfortunatly, once is unacceptable in itself, so I will raise it with those concerned tomorrow.
In regards to the payment of the referral in this case, it have not been possible to add the referral in the home phone signup, as referrals only apply at the time the original account is setup.
http://portal.plus.net/features/referral_terms.shtml
The terms do cover that we only accept it at this point, but it's clear as day, no everybody can have the details at signup, so we accept them in ticket form, when a ticket is raised on each account. Certain conditions need to be met though for us to do this.

• The tickets are raised on the accounts within 3 months of creation. We do do it after 3 months though, should we have received the request, but we have failed to honour it when we should.

• That the referred account is older than the referrer account.

• That no existing referred exists, with exception of the blatently obvious errors such as spelling.

• Connot be used in conjunction with certain promotions. Entry of a referral with remove the ability for the referred account to receive the promotion to which they subscribed

Although I am not going to cover it here, I have given you further detail in your ticket.
paulby
Grafter

as referrals only apply at the time the original account is setup.

This was the point that I was trying to make (badly I know!!)