Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing Credit limit

deefadog
Grafter

Reducing Credit limit

Hi,
is there a way to reduce my credit limit for my home phone? We have evenings and weekends package and it;s currently set at £55 Buffer, but i don;t want to go anywhere near that amount, ideally i'd like it set to £3-£5 maximum.
If it can be changed please advise how i do so as there is no option on the website that i can clearly see.
Many thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Reducing Credit limit

You will need to call PN or use chat and request it to be lowered
kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It's also worth bearing in mind that with low amounts around £3-£5 as you have said, it could be easy to run in to the limit. If the credit limit is hit and call barring is applied, a £5.76 call barring charge would be applicable.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
deefadog
Grafter

Thanks guys!
Some good information there!
Would you not get a warning that you were close to using your buffer?
I don't plan on using it outside of the evening and weekend times to UK numbers only.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

You should certainly get a warning email when you get close to the limit, however as call data isn't recorded in real time it could be easy to pass £3-£5 of calls before the email is actually triggered.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
deefadog
Grafter

Thanks Harry! Good point i understand.