cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended my mother join Plusnet. Now she's in tears

savhtc
Dabbler

Recommended my mother join Plusnet. Now she's in tears

Signed my mum up for plusnet on 26/08/16 and she was due to get her broadband switched on today.  This afternoon she noticed her phone wasn't working so she called the support line from her mobile.  She was told after 15min that her order had been cancelled accidentally and she will now be without a phone line for 5-6 days.  My mother is the chair of a local organisation for retired people and is the contact number for a bus trip they have organised for next week.  Needless to say she is extremely upset and has been on the phone to me in tears complaining about what sort of company I've signed her up for.

Nightmare.

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
lisatalmage

Re: Recommended my mother join Plusnet. Now she's in tears

Get on to Plusnet customer services and have them transfer calls to her landline number direct to her mobile at their expense. If there was a transfer in progress that has been cancelled why isn't her previous provider still connecting her?

savhtc
Dabbler

Thanks I will phone them myself tomorrow.  I bet they will tell me there is nothing they can do as the line is not active.  I wasn't on the phone myself but my mother says it was explained to her that plusnet had made the mistake.  It is beyond belief that in this day in age a pensioner has to do without her phone for nearly a week.  #everything was working fine with Talk Talk up until I stuck my nose in and recommended plusnet 😞

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @savhtc sorry to hear of the problems your Mother is experiencing with the transfer to us.

If we were transferring the phone to ourselves, the service should remain active with the previous provider until we take over, if the service has stopped and our order has been cancelled, this sounds like the previous provider of the line ceased the service, which could cause our orders to fail.

Unfortunately if we're not currently providing the line and/or if the previous provider ceased the service, we wouldn't be able to divert calls to a mobile as the service never came over to us and it sounds like the previous provider has ceased the service.

If the service had come over to us and was currently not working due to a fault, we could have certainly looked in to diverting calls, however it's unfortunately not possible for us to divert calls on a line that we aren't providing.

Could you PM me your Mother's username so I can check what's happening on the account please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet