Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent calls not updating on anytime+

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Recent calls not updating on anytime+

No 'Unconfirmed Calls' beyond the 8th July, 8th July NOT confirmed. 3 calls at the end of June/beginning of July showing both Confirmed & Unconfirmed.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Jameseh
.........................................The other side of the scripting, which actually shows calls in an unconfirmed fashion is still taking ages to run.  We hope to have similar archiving and efficiency measures in place by the end of tomorrow ..................................................

Why is call duration still being displayed rounded?
Quote from: Anotherone
1) Whilst (most) call charging is based on call durations being rounded up to the next minute, there is no need for this rounding to be done for unconfirmed call data. As the raw data will be supplied showing call duration to the (1/10?) second, this can simply be displayed in the appropriate place, ie extra coding to 'display' rounded durations is not needed here
3) Is there any need to write code to 'display' a rounded duration for confirmed calls. Fixed Fee call duration should never be rounded up to a minute in my view, and I would personally have a preference for none of the durations to be 'displayed' rounded, whilst a rounded figure would be used in the cost calculation of non ff calls.

Less code, script runs faster Shocked Roll_eyes
coastergrotto
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Would it be a silly question to ask if you made many between the 3rd and 8th?

You are right James but I did say that in an earlier post, on this very same page:
Quote from: coastergrotto
Admittedly I was away from home from the 4th to the 8th so maybe that's why no more calls are showing at the moment.

However Monday morning's update did state:
Currently, all call data should be correct upto July 8th and we expect this to be correct for upto July 12th by the close of business today.
James
Grafter

Right Smiley
@ Coastergrotto
I've just come out of our daily update meeting and I've been speaking with the developer that doing all the work and he says that it's possible that some call were missed and should hopefully be picked up in the confirmed of calls from 8-12 July, which is probably going to finish by mid afternoon today.  I'm sorry that we didn't meet end of yesterday as we had previously expected.
We'll pick this up again once that catch up work has been run to see how we're doing with regards to your calls.
@ Anotherone
I've spoken to the developer (let's call him Steve, it's easier!) about this and that shouldn't make much difference.  Here's the facts. When we confirmed 4 weeks worth of data it took 1.5 days.  Previously, this would have taken 41 days which represents a 3658% (I think) improvement in efficiency.  Granted, we had stopped the other scripting other the course of this report running, so it won't be *quite* as quick, but it is a hell of a lot quicker!
Regarding the other work to improve the speed at which calls are being presented, this has been tested on our Gamma platform and we're waiting on QA to allow us to roll these changes to live, at which point we can run the script, which is likely to take roughly a day.  Which probably takes us upto roughly Wednesday lunchtime.
I'll post a service status shortly and will update again tomorrow.
I'll be here all day Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for the update James.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Everything is fine now.  All calls to July 14th showing as confirmed.  Looks like problem solved.
Congratulations to all who have put in a great deal of work to get this problem solved.
James
Grafter

Brilliant.
We began processing the data from 8-14th July at about lunchtime today, which equated to about 350k records.
It won't be finished yet, but your data clearly has.  I'm very, very glad it's finally caught up!
Anotherone
Champion

Well done.
All my data seems upto date but as I've made no calls 14th/15th or so far today, can't say upto which date Wink
Only minor bug still have 3 calls at the end of June/beginning of July showing both Confirmed & Unconfirmed.  Crazy
James
Grafter

Hi Chris,
It's possible that those records may be a duplicate, which just means that the whole unconfirmed and confirmed process is ding it's job to weed out any duplicated call records.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi James, Sorry, I should have made it clearer, yes they are duplicates. Not bothered, just thought you and Mand should know Wink
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Despite the latest update claiming all calls are now up to date to the 14th - They are not. A call I made to a mobile on the 11th is still not showing unconfirmed or confirmed.
robbiecsmith

Hi,
I made a call Saturday night (12th July) and this is still not showing up, should it be? glloyd has just posted and still seems to be having the problem too.
My transfer to Home Phone from BT only completed on the 8th July, so could this be a different problem? I've checked my BT account online and the call is not registered there either, so I am presuming the transfer went through OK, I got an email from PlusNet telling me it had.
I've been a PlusNet broadband customer for some time and have always been impressed with the customer service but I can now see how useful the forum is too for problems like this. I would have been tearing my hair out for the last few days if it wasn't for the forum and realising other people are having the same problem. I think most people accept that problems occur so long as they are aware of what is wrong and what is being done to fix the problem and PlusNet should be commended for their openness.
James
Grafter

Hi guys,
It's possible that the work we are doing today may pick up the missed calls.  We can look into these things on a case by case basis, but we need to get the overall work completed first.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not bothered, just thought you and Mand should know

I dont think Mand will care  Lips_are_sealed Undecided  See from another part of the site, tucked away after a load of rubbish, that she has moved departments
1′\/3 b33|\| (0|\|71|\|U1|\|9 70 \/\/R173 50/\/\3 7R41|\|1|\|9 /\/\473R14L 45 \/\/3LL 45 p0PP1|\|9 1|\| 4|\|D 0U7 7|-|3 Ph0RU/\/\5 4|\|D 71D’/1|\|9 UP 50/\/\3 745|<5. 1 4L50 Ph37(|-|3D 7|-|3 734/\/\5 LU|\|(|-| PhR0/\/\ 4 \/\/3LL |<|\|0\/\/|\| bUR93R 0U7L37 \/\/17|-| 7|-|3 1|\|1714L5 b|<.
Next up we have another Comms EOD from Mand… oh, wait… no, it’s Development with Mand
    Well I thought a change of department would mean a change of responsibilities, but here I am writing the EOD. Smiley
James
Grafter

Mand's secondment to a different department won't remove her customer focus.