Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent calls not updated

reserved
Grafter

Re: Recent calls not updated

Quote from: Bob
AFAIK call processing was about 2-3 days behind but running as expected. I ll check tomorrow to make sure there's nothing untoward happening. Probably also worth me mentioning that we've plans to refactor the call processing systems at some point in the not-too-distant future.

My last call showing is still 23 Feb. so it's about 6 days behind. When it's that far behind it loses some of it's usefulness so let's hope the refactoring improves things  Wink
As far as I can remember the call data when I was with Greenbee was far more reliable.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: reserved
As far as I can remember the call data when I was with Greenbee was far more reliable.

Greenbee & Plusnet use the same call processing systems AFAIK Huh
Anyway, I'll do some digging this morning and report back as soon as I know more...
Edit: I've had a developer check the back-end systems and things are about 1-2 days behind *in terms of processing* i.e. you may still have calls from before this that have not yet appeared on your call itemisation. The unprocessed records equate to about 266712 calls. The system does not look at call records on a first come first served basis, it simply selects a customer's phone number and processes their calls. The ordering it does this in doesn't follow any specific logic either.
Call processing is slower that it has been in the past and until we refactor it I don't personally think it's going to get much quicker. This issue will have been compounded over time as well due to the steadily increasing customer numbers.
So in a nutshell, there aren't any problems per se, however this kind of thing is probably going to happen from time to time until the refactoring of the call processing engine.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

coastergrotto
Grafter

Just checked mine again and still my last call was on 24th.
reserved
Grafter

My last call is still 23 Feb.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This was how the unprocessed calls looked at about this time yesterday:
| 2010-02-22     |        4 |
| 2010-02-23     |       29 |
| 2010-02-24     |       18 |
| 2010-02-28     |   165279 |
| 2010-03-01     |    96070 |

You'll notice there's a fair few to get through from the 28th. Bear in mind that this is the date the calls were added to our database and not necessarily the date the calls were made. For that reason it's entirely plausible that these missing calls from the 23rd/24th are in the batch that were added to the database on the 28th.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

coastergrotto
Grafter

Mine have updated today to the 26th, which was the day of my last phone call before flying to Canada.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Mine are now showing to 1st March, just this afternoon (weren't this morning).  Smiley
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
reserved
Grafter

Mine has just updated with 11 calls from 25 Feb. to 1 March.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

still waiting
reserved
Grafter

So am I for a reply to the ticket I raised about the delay in updating the call data. It is now exactly 48 hours since I raised the ticket and have had no response as yet  Sad
dick:quote
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Dennis, I don't think anybody's going to be able to advise you any different to this to be honest.
I did get the back-end databases checked at a day or two ago and it wasn't indicative of problems, things are just taking some time at the moment Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

reserved
Grafter

Mand has just replied to my ticket  Wink
antiquebrit
Grafter

The service status reports no problems for home phone, but my calls have not been updated for 10 days?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

mine last call was 17th, but my month end is tomorrow, I dont know the last time my calls were updated anywhere the end of my month, quiet a while
reserved
Grafter

Mine's still very hit and miss as to updating. Looks as though we will have to wait until the system is "refactored" as mentioned by Bob earlier but perhaps the "Service Status" does need a note to that effect!