cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received text message - what does it mean?

Swerve

Received text message - what does it mean?

Hi,
I received the following text message and was told I could reply via the members center but I couldn't find where to do that:
" I have now placed an order to restart the stopped line at your property and this will be complete on 18/08/2014. As soon as the phone line is active we can then place your broadband order, which will take a further 5 working days to complete"
So am I right in saying that once the line is restarted (on Monday) my broadband will be good to use 5 working days after my broadband order is placed? So either Friday
22nd or Monday 25th, depending on when the broadband order is placed?
I thought an engineer had to come out which would mean the whole process would have taken a lot longer, so if the above is the case then happy days.
Cheers.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Received text message - what does it mean?

Hi Swerve,
Yes, you're right in your assumption. As we've discovered an existing stopped line at your property it means we won't need to send out an engineer to get one installed.
Once that's active on Monday broadband should be activated 5 working days later.
Hope that all goes to plan and do reply back if there's any issues.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Swerve

Cheers Adam,
Thanks for the reply. Will do.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

for the future you can reply here via Help and Support then View your questions https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Swerve,
I've just had a look at your account and as you're having FTTC installed the installation date of this service will depend on engineer availability. The standard lead time for ADSL broadband is 5 working days from when the phone line is activate (if it's a new line), however, with FTTC it may be longer.
We'll place the FTTC order within 24 hours of the phone line being activated and confirm the installation date with yourself on the Ticket on the account. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.