Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received automated call to activate anytime call package

millerc
Dabbler

Received automated call to activate anytime call package

Hi,
I've just had broadband and phone setup and activated which all seemed to go pretty smoothly.  We have the anytime telephone package and unlimited internet.
However, the day the line was activated the phone rung and when we answered the call it was an automated voice asking us to press a number to activate our anytime package. We were not expecting the call so we just hung up.
Does anyone know if there is something we need to set up in our account or should we have responded to the call ?  Has anyone else had this ?  It seemed strange as the automated voice did not say who it was from so we thought it best not to respond.
Thanks,
Chris
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Received automated call to activate anytime call package

Can't think why there should be any need for user action to activate a Plusnet call package. In my opinion not responding was the appropriate action.
Just wondering if the message was a SMS text sent to your landline number (rather than mobile) - generally those get translated to a 1571 voicemail message if the line hasn't been registered as able to handle SMS.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi millerc,
Not sure what's going on there - everything is showing as active from our side, so it might well have been a text sent by our system letting you know everything was ready.
Either way hope it's all working, please let us know if there's anything we can help with at all.
millerc
Dabbler

Hi guys,
Thanks for getting back to me about this.
Yeah I'm not sure why I got that call but guess what.  I've just had another call with the same automated message.  I've had caller display enabled on the line and it's appears as an 'International' number.
I have now captured what the message says.  It actually says this:
'Hello, I'm just calling to see if you have set up free unlimited calling on your new service.  If you haven't done this then please press 2 now.'.
Once again, I've just put the phone down.
Do you know if this is genuine or not?  If this is not from Plus then is there anything I can do to stop them calling as I really don't want to keep receiving this call.  If it is from Plus then can you please stop it from calling.
Thanks,
Chris
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sounds like an unrelated sales dialler to me and nothing to do with Plusnet
You've been unlucky with the coincidental timing...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd say the same, that's certainly not something coming from ourselves.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Do you expect to receive any international calls? If not then not answering is a good option.
David