cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an email saying I will be getting a new phone number! Why is my old number not porting?

mumdadandbaby

Received an email saying I will be getting a new phone number! Why is my old number not porting?

I have just received my order confirmation and it says that my new number will be ....

Why is my old number not being ported? As per Offcom requirements!

Also, help on this subject from plusnet says that if the number can not be ported then we will contact you prior to order confirmation!

I need my number to come with me - can someone confirm that this will be the case please

Be really helpful if chat was online!

Thanks
mdb

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Received an email saying I will be getting a new phone number! Why is my old number not porting?

Hi there.

Unfortunately it looks like the order our automated system initially placed to transfer your telephone number to us was rejected by our suppliers due to an address mis-match between the systems, so we manually placed the order with a new number.

I've cancelled that order now that you'll receive e-mail confirmation about shortly which I'd ignore, and I've got round the address issue manually replacing the order to transfer your phone line and number over to us. 

We'll provide you a new activation date within the next 24-48 hours.

Apologies for any inconvenience or concern this had caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet