cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive landline calls to my mobile - possible?

anthgood
Grafter

Receive landline calls to my mobile - possible?

I was wondering if this is possible to somehow receive landline calls to my mobile phone.
Either a feature plusnet offers, or a device I can buy, or an app I can get for my mobile. I know I can buy a twin dect phone. But it seems a waste if I can simply keep the original phone in the living room and then somehow get the phone in the other room be my mobile.
Is this possible?
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Receive landline calls to my mobile - possible?

It's technically possible but I cannot find any company that sells such a thing (except for calls received via VOIP rather than a normal landline).  You would be lucky to get such a thing for less than the cost of a second DECT phone.
All4One
Grafter

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: anthgood
I was wondering if this is possible to somehow receive landline calls to my mobile phone.

Google might turn out to be your friend here.
Googling DECT app the first result returned for me was Smartphone Connect which appears to be an app for a smart phone to do just what you want in combination with a Panasonic DECT phone.
I didn't look at it or any of the other results in detail, but it looks like you might find what you're after via Google.  Smiley
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: All4One
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml#callDivert

But unfortunately you'll be charged for an expensive call to a mobile phone with each diverted call.  Plus £2.50 a month for the Call Divert facility
Quote from: Plusnet
When this feature is used, you'll be charged for the diverted part of each call where applicable (e.g. the cost of calling the number you're diverting to from your line).