cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: home phone voicemail

cabinscooter2

Hi

Voicemail sems to be a big issue with Plusnet.

I've been with Plusnet home phone for over a year now (10 years with Plusnet Broadband).  Although voicemail was shown as included as a free feature, every time I have tried 1571, I get the message "This line does not have voicemail".  I soon contacted Plusnet and they said 'Ok sorry - it is activated now' but It has still not worked.  As it was supposedly free, I simply left things as they were

Now I have recently discovered that people have phoned me and got a voicemail recording but I am unable to access any messages (probably hundreds by now!).  It appears that they only get the voicemail recording when the line is engaged.  Otherwise the line just continues to ring.

Any ideas ?

Alan

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @cabinscooter2

It doesn't look like voicemail is active on your account.

You can add call features here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cabinscooter2

Hi

Thanks for the response.  I've been here before.  Over the last 12 months,been told (by telephone) that my included voicemail 'is now activated' but no change has ocurred.  Therefore I have lost out on 12 months voicemail use.  Callers have said that they were getting the voicemail recording but I couldn't access it.

Alan

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Unfortunately I cannot see any orders to suggest Voicemail has been added previously, could you add this on via the link above and advise if you are still having issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If the issue persists I suspect a solution used in the past could be tried. This is to place an order to turn off the voicemail the user "doesn't" have. Then when that completes place another order to turn it on.

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sadly in this case, voicemail isn't enabled on the account or the line.

If they're wanting the feature it'll need to be done via the portal in the first instance ideally.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My comment was based on what was said in the opening post:

@cabinscooter2 wrote:

Now I have recently discovered that people have phoned me and got a voicemail recording but I am unable to access any messages (probably hundreds by now!).  It appears that they only get the voicemail recording when the line is engaged.  Otherwise the line just continues to ring.

That suggests voicemail is partly on despite what the records say.

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hmm. It could be they've got an answering phone that's built in to their handset.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Gandalf

But the OP says

It appears that they only get the voicemail recording when the line is engaged. 

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Voicemail has never been active on the line, so I'm not sure what's happening there.

Adding the call feature on the account/the line is the next step.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet