Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Noisy phone line -- causing slow broadband fibre speeds / disconnects

FIXED
Alfaman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I'm having the same problem loud crackling on the line and cant hear the person at the other end. Yesterday the hospital was trying to contact me and I couldn't hear the doctor and he couldn't hear me. Its a serious problem, have done al the checks - plugging a cordless phone into the main socket etc, but the problem is still there. Tried to get the phone line checked using the phone trouble shooter but all I get ( several times) is "Oops something went wrong." To talk to plusnet the wait time is currently 40 minutes! Can anyone help? 

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Alfaman even after the "Oops something went wrong." message, a fault could still have been raised.

Have a look in your tickets here.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been split for another one for better visibility and to help staff see seperate issues.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Alfaman and welcome to the Community Forums.
I'm sincerely sorry to hear you're having problems with your phone service especially given the current climate. When testing your connection there's no external issues showing so I have raised a fault for you and it looks like we will need to book and engineer to come investigate further. If you could please update the fault ticket I've raised on your account and give us a nudge on here after doing so and we'll happily get this booked in for you.

Your fault ticket can be seen here.

Alfaman
Hooked

Dear All,

Many thanks for your help. Plusnet replied promptly and said that they had tested the line, there didn't appear to be any faults, but the checks I had done indicate that the fault must be external to the property. An engineer will be sent out to investigate.

Muchos gracias!

Alfaman

Alfaman
Hooked

Fix

Dear All,

All fixed - Open Reach were here at 10.00 am and left at 3.00 pm. Took a long time - checked all the connections along the road , and finally found the fault which was at the cabinet about a mile or so down the road. Clear as a bell now. Thanks to Ben Devine and Open Reach!  Excellent service. 

P.S. This fault might have been there for months but I hardly ever use the landline - always the mobile, so I wouldn't have known. It was by chance that the hospital rang me on the home phone. Open reach guy said that if not fixed, it would have affected my broadband connection. 

Alfaman.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

That's great @Alfaman, glad to hear that it's sorted.

If you have any further queries please do just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team