cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rationalise two lines and three numbers!!

FIXED
rjhazeldx
Grafter

Rationalise two lines and three numbers!!

I would have emailed this to plusnet but no addresses are published. Can't use chat its not available and describing this by phone ain't going to work. Hopefully someone from plusnet will pick it up and advise on a way forward.

I am reviewing my telephone and broadband setup.

Question 1)

Currently I have two openreach landlines:

Line A - BT: Main telephone  number x and second number on line A using callsign y

Line B  - Plusnet : telephone number z with Unlimited Fibre Extra broadband.

I am looking to rationalise this setup because:

• there is little or no voice traffic on Line z
  • BT cannot get caller ID to work with the callsign number y.
  • I am locked into BT by the callsign number

If I can stop needing callsign I can move Line A to plusnet as a phone package line.

The BT side of things could be eliminated changing the plusnet line number z to the callsign number y. This would retain the two land line numbers that I use and dispense with callsign facility. As y would now have its own line it would have caller iD working.

Can this be done without disrupting voice traffic and keeping my broadband running bar a short changeover time? The physical line would not change only the number attached to it.

Question 2)

The plusnet account goes back to Globalnet and subsequently Madasafish when a domain abc.me.uk was set up along with email addresses on the domain but the web space is not used.

The Madasafish email accounts on the domain have very poor password capability and having to access the old madasafish system is messy.

Can my domain and associated email accounts can be moved from the old Madasafish systems to plusnet ones so admin can be carried out in one place and password capability is improved?

5 REPLIES 5
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Rationalise two lines and three numbers!!

Hi @rjhazeldx

Thanks for getting in touch.

Regarding the number for Call sign Y, its is difficult to confirm if we would be able to bring that number to Plusnet. This number is allocated as a secondary number connected to a BT call feature, while it is listed as a second number working on the same line, we cannot confirm if this would able to be transferred to us at all.

I would advise to contact BT and confirm if this number would be able to transfer to another supplier should you wish, this would need to be determined before anything else as if this is not transferable it could change the route you wish to go.

Regarding Question 2 I have passed this over to my Technical Support trained colleagues and they will take a look and respond further for you.

Regards,

rjhazeldx
Grafter

Thanks for the quick reply, Warwick.

In my experience it will be impossible to get any sense out of BT customer 'service' staff.  Their staff do not understand anything to do with Callsign which is, for me, a hang over from when my old IDSL service was withdrawn. I presume that I can't transfer the line with callsign active and then rationalise it so that plusnet can control the whole process.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

As I understand it for the end result, are you looking for us to provide broadband on a line with telephone number Y? Could you also possibly send me a PM with this telephone number Y?

Are you also wanting to retain a line with BT with two telephone numbers (using call sign)?

Question 2)

The plusnet account goes back to Globalnet and subsequently Madasafish when a domain abc.me.uk was set up along with email addresses on the domain but the web space is not used.

The Madasafish email accounts on the domain have very poor password capability and having to access the old madasafish system is messy.

Can my domain and associated email accounts can be moved from the old Madasafish systems to plusnet ones so admin can be carried out in one place and password capability is improved?

While I'm afraid we can't move a Madasafish email address to a Plusnet account, we should be able to move your domain from the Madasafish account to a Plusnet one as we'll just enter the domain into the Plusnet Domain Control System(DCS).

[edit]

Just for clarity, a Madasafish address I'm referring to would be something like abc@madasafish.com or abc@globalnet.co.uk

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rjhazeldx
Grafter

This topic has been running for some time with activity largely via pms. The callsign number relied upon plusnet staff being able to spot when BT released it. Needless to say BT customer service failed first time round to action the termination of callsign. However, second go worked and Anoush ,and the plusnet team, grabbed the number successfully. This concluded phase one and solved the three numbers two lines problem.

The second step to move my domain from the old Madasafish platform was a bit more tricky but has been completed successfully.

Thanks o Anoush and his colleagues for making a complex rationalisation fairly easy, MUCH Appreciated thanks Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the post back @rjhazeldx 

Not a problem, I'm happy we managed to get this sorted for you with minimal issues. Thumbs_Up

If you need any further help with this or absolutely anything else, please feel free to let me know.  Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet