cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

St3althM4ster
Grafter

Question

Hi all i got a fault open atm with plus net with the phone i got a enginer coming out on tuesday, ive noticed the last 12 hours or so the noise has gone line not crackling any more, my question is should i keep the appointment with openreach and get charged £60 if they dont find the fault or what? 😕
6 REPLIES 6
peter10
Grafter

Re: Question

I was in the same position. A lot of noise on the line and lots of disconnections with broadband speed dropping from 11Mbps to 0.2Mbps..I had done all the tests and changed filter, router, phone etc.Then just after the engineer was booked it cleared. I contacted PN and explained. They suggested I let the engineer come out and they assured me I would not be charged if there was no fault with my set up or equipment. He came out and could find no problem and said it may be a faulty connection producing an intermittent fault. PN did not charge me as my equipment was not at fault. I would suggest you give them a ring and explain.
St3althM4ster
Grafter

Cheers Salmo will do that in morning!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
Assuming you've not made any changes to your equipment that's led to the noise disappearing then you'd not be charged.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

When the engineer came, I hope you told him it's intermittent. A good engineer with his Hawk tester should be able to track bad/potentially bad joints.
St3althM4ster
Grafter

I canceled the appointment as it went, it hasnt come back as far as i know when using phone i will keep eye on it incase it does tho.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The trick with this kind of issue is to report it as intermittent, preferably whilst it's happening, so you can ask the Call Taker if they can hear it, and ask them to log that information and pass it to Openreach.