cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal for a New Product

buddybuddy63

Proposal for a New Product

Hello Plusnet Community,

I would like to propose a new product for you. I would be interested in acquiring this product for sure and I'd hazard a guess that many more people would too.

Like many other household I don't use my landline to make outgoing calls, I use my mobile by default. I would guess many people are like me. I'd be happy to to receive calls on my landline but what I would like to do is stop outgoing landline calls altogether, or at least reduce the credit limit down from the £55 per month mark.

Please can you consider this proposal and let me know.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Proposal for a New Product

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to Home Phone

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @buddybuddy63, welcome to the community forums!

While call barring wasn't something we offered in the past, we have actually started to offer this more recently, so you can apply customer controlled call barring to your line and bar outgoing calls to most numbers or premium rate specifically (999 Emergency services, 112 Emergency services, 0800 free phone numbers and 0500 free phone numbers will still work).

More information on adding this to your account and setting the feature up to use, can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/#how-can-i-block-premium-content

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
buddybuddy63

Excellent thank you HarryB! So all I need to do is click the call barring tick box as shown on the attachment which I places with this message?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

If you log in to your account over at https://portal.plus.net and then go to: https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features

This will give you the option to add call barring (Assuming you've not already done this) by checking the tick box, setting a PIN to protect the service and then clicking the add features button.

It can take up to 24 hours for call features to activate, but more often than not this happens within half an hour or so.

Once the call feature has activated on your line you'll need to set the call barring you want on your line by using the following codes dialled in to the handset:

• Barring  - Dial * 34 [code] #
  • Cancelling - Dial # 34 [code] * PIN #
  • Check status -Dial - * # 34 #

Codes
1 - Bar almost all calls including 1571 and Call minder – cancelling this option also cancels any other options you’ve barred.
2 - Bar national, international, and calls to mobiles
3 - Bar international calls
4 - Bar all operator calls, e.g. 118 numbers
5 - Bar calls to numbers with a * or # in them (includes some Calling Features, but allows you to cancel this option)
7 - Bar calls to Premium Rate numbers.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
buddybuddy63

This is most helpful, thank you Harry Smiley