cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change and Line Rental Saver questions

sabitrap

Product Change and Line Rental Saver questions

Could anyone help please?

I currently have Plusnet broadband and home phone. I am on a deal which means the broadband cost is deducted from my bills and I just pay line rental. I would like to add a call package. I know how to do this through the Product Change Tool. However, will I keep my broadband discount? The website seems to imply that I will be starting a new contract with Plusnet, rather than just adding a call package to an existing contract.

Secondly, is it possible to set up Line Rental Saver part-way through a contract? I'm 10 months into a 12-month contract and I've just found out about LRS. Can it be done pro rata for terms of less than 12 months?

Many thanks for your help!

9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Product Change and Line Rental Saver questions

First question - it shouldn't have any effect but it might be better to await staff response

Second question - no you can't it is 12 months or nothing so setting it up now would mean that it has 10 months to run when your present deal runs out (not a good idea)

sabitrap

Thank you Oldjim! The Liner Rental Saver definitely isn't worthwhile then. I'll wait and see what staff say about the first question, as you suggest.

S

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

I too have this problem.  My broadband deal was set up in February and my LRS was set up in April the previous year. So they are never going to be in sync unless I let the LRS expire and pay the extra monthly line rental and renew LRS in February 2018.

There is also the additional problem that all broadband deals now include line rental so how does that impact on LRS and future broadband deals?  I am stuck with a fixed term deal until Feb 2018, so I am in a really difficult situation.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@agedgopher wrote:

There is also the additional problem that all broadband deals now include line rental so how does that impact on LRS and future broadband deals?

I was wondering the same thing.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @sabitrap

@sabitrap wrote:

I would like to add a call package. I know how to do this through the Product Change Tool. However, will I keep my broadband discount? The website seems to imply that I will be starting a new contract with Plusnet, rather than just adding a call package to an existing contract.

You should keep your broadband discount and I believe your phone contract should stay the same if you're just changing call plan.

If you'd like to put this through online and let me know when you've done so, I'll double check over the account to ensure everything is as it should be.

Unfortunately with LRS, we wouldn't offer a discounted rate/pro-rata payment of this against 2 months as the idea behind it is, a cheaper cost for committing to the 12 months line rental.

@agedgopher wrote:

There is also the additional problem that all broadband deals now include line rental so how does that impact on LRS and future broadband deals?

It's not so much that all broadband deals include line rental. There is still separate pricing for broadband and phone, however the way we have to advertise cost now has to combine the two prices in to one figure.

We'd still be able to offer a discounted rate against the broadband cost if you opted to pay LRS.

The broken down pricing for packages can be found in the price guide Here.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Thank you @HarryB.

The list you attach is very complex and not easily understood. I am glad that I do not have to make a decision on my broadband package until February 2018, it may take until then to understand where I fit into the complex structure. The LRS part of my deal will need to be reviewed in April of this year.

sabitrap

Thank you very much, HarryB!

I've made the change now. Should I PM you my account details? Which details do you need to know?

S

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for letting me know @sabitrap

I'll monitor this on your account Here.

If the change goes through as expected on your billing date and contracts/discounts remain as they should, I'll simply update/close the ticket after that Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sabitrap

Thank you very much @HarryB! Everything seems to have gone through correctly.