cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with phone

grazazel

Problem with phone

Hi I got fed up sitting on the phone about a problem got with our home phone.  We got activated by plusnet yesterday but the problem is that if you try to ring the home phone it is constantly engaged.  We can still ring out fine but not receiving calls.  I went through he troubleshooter on the website which says there are no problems with the line I also did all the steps with the phone socket too.  Unfortunately it says that online chat is not available and sat for over an hour on hold.  Is there anyway this can be looked into for me please
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Problem with phone

Hi grazazel
What phone number does the system reply when you dial 17070 ? Is it the number you are expecting or a different one?
Also if you have any ad-blocking/popup blocker software in the browser, these block the Plusnet web chat system.
This page is the how to troubleshoot a phone line and report an error http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: grazazel
... the problem is that if you try to ring the home phone it is constantly engaged.  We can still ring out fine but not receiving calls...

This sounds like it could possibly be related to an issue with number porting on our suppliers side.
I'll give them a call and see if I can get this resolved for you. If I'm not able to, I understand a fault has already been raised for further investigation.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Should be working now Wink
I'll get the fault report on your account cancelled.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
grazazel

Hello thanks for all the help it is now working.  So the engineer for tomorrow is cancelled now then?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's right, I've cancelled the appointment/fault report as the reported fault (Unable to receive incoming calls?) has been resolved Smiley
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet