Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably a very silly question - can I have two DECT base stations on one line

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Probably a very silly question - can I have two DECT base stations on one line

I have a BT Elements phone at present and it is great for down the garden but on two of the three handsets the screen is knackered
http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-elements-single-rugged-ip54-cordless-handset-4CZ9.html
Rather than buying some more handsets which are rather expensive I would like to get a new set which has more facilities - such as the ability to share phone books - but I would like to have the option of keeping the long range ability of the Elements
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Probably a very silly question - can I have two DECT base stations on one line

You should be able to pair the elements handsets with the new base, that's a DECT standard IIRC.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Probably a very silly question - can I have two DECT base stations on one line

That is correct but you still probably wouldn't have the option of sharing a phone book as I assume this is partly controlled by the base station.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The DECT standard doesn't cover all functionality so, although you should be able to pair old to new, things like phone book sharing won't necessarily work.
There shouldn't be any problem with using two basestations but the handsets connected to each basestation won't know about each other of course so you won't be able to transfer calls and if you're on a call using one basestation then that won't block someone trying to call out with the other (just as if you had multiple wired phones)
picbits
Rising Star

You should not have any problem with both DECT base stations on the same line although in rare cases they may interfere with each other. I have a set here which work 99% of the time but very occasionally will lose sync with the base station if both sets are on at the same time. Other handsets I've mixed and matched without issues in the past.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: Oldjim
That is correct but you still probably wouldn't have the option of sharing a phone book as I assume this is partly controlled by the base station.

But if the screen don't work it doesn't matter Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'