cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Fault Repair/Welfare Support

macman35

Priority Fault Repair/Welfare Support

I am in the process of switching my elderly mother from BT over to Plusnet (phone and broadband). She is registered blind and has a 'Home Safeguard' pendant personal alarm system that operates through the landline. For these reasons I would like to register her for the equivalent of BT's 'Priority Fault Repair' scheme (wiith which she is currently registered), should there be a line problem. I believe Plusnet call it 'Welfare Support' but I can't see how it is possible to register for this in advance, so it's on the system already, should a fault be reported?
Can anyone help please?
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Priority Fault Repair/Welfare Support

Unfortunately it isn't possible to pre-register for it so to speak.
If a phone fault were to be raised over the phone and we were made aware then we can raise it as a Emergency Welfare case.
Once she's transferred over PM me or a staff member your username and we can get a note added on top of the account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
macman35

Thanks for your reply. I will do that.
However is it then necessary to in some way 'prove' her disablement in order to get a fault raised as an 'Emergency Welfare' case?
if so, the time that would take would take would wipe out any time saved.
BT required a doctor's signature on the form to prove her qualification for the Priority Fault Repair Scheme.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

As you probably know, BT have a "Free Priority Fault Repair Scheme" to expedite repairs and a "Protected Services Scheme" to ensure you don't get cut off.
Both of these require pre-registration as seems sensible for such requirements.
They may have other schemes I'm not aware of, but I investigated both of those for my very old and frail father-in-law.
Sadly PN don't seem to have anything similar and I'm sure they won't mind me saying that if such a level of protection is important then BT (not PlusNet) is the phone supplier to choose.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

There is criteria that needs to be met for us to be able to send it off however we don't explicitly ask for any proof to be sent in.
Each one is dealt with on a case by case basis.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From previous cases I've seen on here it will be totally hit and miss as to whether it gets raised as a priority case if a fault occurs.
I'd strongly recommend cancelling the order and staying with BT as they do have a proper system in place and not the ad-hoc system used by Plusnet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
macman35

Matthew: her service has gone live today so I have sent you a PM-thank you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Matthew
Once she's transferred over PM me or a staff member your username and we can get a note added on top of the account.

Has this been done?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Yes, Matt himself did it.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team