cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Fault Repair Scheme

tiggyb

Priority Fault Repair Scheme

I am registered, or should be, for the priority scheme.
Over 53 hours ago my landline went dead. I know this because my landline-based care alarm system started the warning message (repeated every 30 secs until I managed to disconnect it).
Without the care alarm, I am very vulnerable.
Yet Plusnet, having tracked the fault to the exchange, gave me a target of 48 hrs for the repair (it is already past that and still no working alarm system).
I appreciate that Plusnet just relay the target repair time from Openreach, but am very frustrated that they cannot find a way to escalate this.
I cannot complain to Openreach. Ofcom no longer takes customer complaints directly.
Does anyone know how I can get through to someone who can sort this out?
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Priority Fault Repair Scheme

By default residential customers (which I presume you are) are on basic level care escalation. We do have the ability to raise the case as 'welfare support' if you qualify. I'm looking into the ticket now to see if this can be escalated further for you.

Edit: The welfare case has been sent to BT based on the information provided here and on your ticket. It's quite possible that this will be rejected as you have a mobile and I don't have much information. I'll update you tomorrow if it has been accepted though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I recall a discussion on this recently.
BT Retail have a number of schemes related to ensuring a continuous service to "vulnerable" customers, indeed we have invoked some of those for my father-in-law, who has now finally been moved to a care home.
IIRC that discussion revealed that PN have nothing similar, other than "best efforts" as circumstances dictate. I'd like to be corrected on that though.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We have the ability to raise a welfare case, but they can be rather restricting on qualification.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Is that something that is arranged/agreed in advance and then applied automatically when appropriate as it is with BT.
tiggyb

Quote from: plusnettony
We have the ability to raise a welfare case, but they can be rather restricting on qualification.

Thank you for this.
I have a mobile, but there is no direct way to contact the care alarm centre from it.
I live in sheltered housing, but instead of the onsite warden we now only have a care alarm supplied by Rothercare - this is answered on a speaker phone immediately if we need help. The system includes an alarm box and a portable alarm button, but they both operate via the landline.
This is the reason that I was put on the priority service register.
If BT Openereach do not accept that this is a vital system for us, then I'll have raise it via social services and MP to get their rules changed
mwarby
Grafter

My understanding of this is, openreach have multiple fault priority levels with obviously increasing prices for incressed priority. Openreach have to charge all suppliers the same, but its up to each supplier what markup and cross subsidys are applied.
Id think plusnet could assign anyone a number of levels (although id imagine this gets complicated quickly, who decides who pays and who doesnt etc)
mwarby
Grafter

After a bit of googling it looks like there are 4 levels, level 1 being end of day after next, level 4 being 6 hours
tiggyb

It took over 120 hours, but I have my carealarm back.
Thank you everyone who responded.