cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price of calls to guernsey

FIXED
hymermanbill1

Price of calls to guernsey

I have searched all the tariffs and can not find the price for aa call to guernsey. I can find where it says they are not included in packages but can not find a price anywhere. 

4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Price of calls to guernsey

From a quick serarch it appears 40p per minute, that is whther its is a or a mobile or landline it seems. It wasn't bad when when I went there years ago.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Fix

@hymermanbill1 Welcome to the forum.  🙂

From this page - https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#standard-call-rates-for-uk-and-service-nu...

UK call rates

A call set up fee of 23p is applied to chargeable UK calls.

These are the standard rates for calls to UK landlines, UK mobiles and non geographic numbers. UK rates include calls to landlines in the Channel Islands and calls from Northern Ireland to landlines in the Republic of Ireland.

Number Rate at all times
01, 02, 03 15.00p
All mobile networks 18.00p
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

UK rates include calls to landlines in the Channel Islands

So they should be included in packages then.

@hymermanbill1  I can find where it says they are not included in packages but can not find a price anywhere. 

Where did you see that ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smithy_sid

The plot thickens. I made a landline call to my son's mobile two days ago. He happened to be in Guernsey. The call lasted 33 minutes and I was charged £10.13 despite having the mobile add-on to my landline call package. I have searched all the PlusNet call charge documentation and there is nowhere that details charges to mobiles in Guernsey. Guernsey is not listed as an International destination and calls to Guernsey landlines are treated as UK calls. Why did this happen and how can I have this charge removed, as it appears to be totally undocumented?

I suspect that the Channel Islands have fallen through the cracks regarding calls to mobiles there from UK landlines. They are listed as band 9 in the charge documentation for mobile to mobile calls, but are not listed as an International destination for calls from a UK landlin ! Worth noting that calls to the channel islands don't require a country prefix so you might well assume they are treated as UK. The mobile I was calling started 07839 so there was no clue there that I would be charged a rate of 30p per minute!

Can anyone please enlighten me?

Happy New Year

Sid