cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase?? Not Happy! Switch time i think

richster
Grafter

Price increase?? Not Happy! Switch time i think

I have seen the email saying your putting the price up by £1 a month, might not sound like a lot but after a quick search, Primus is offering just line rental for £6.49 a month if i take a 12 month contract with them.
I have signed up but have 14 days to change my mind. can you convince me?
I am keeping my broadband with you though Wink

I await....
14 REPLIES 14
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Price increase?? Not Happy! Switch time i think

Depends on what calls you make and options you require.
For those (including me) that are unhappy that PN charges 99p pm for Caller Display I note that it costs £2.50 pm with Primus.
Multiple options £2.50 each no discount as with PN.
No included Evening and Weekend calls.
richster
Grafter

Im thinking that its a bit unfair now, calls have substantially reduced to a point where the landline is something that wont be missed if it disapeered completley, Incoming calls is fine and the majority of them is Cold callers trying to do PPI claims or sell us something, we all have mobiles and i find it unfair to put up the line rental when all we want is cheap good broadband. To have a price increase on something we dont realy need anymore is harsh and if another company is offering it at 6.49 an month, it fits in idealy as the best way to save money for the next year.
So as someone who only uses the crappy 1571 and only messages i find on there is automated call centres trying to get me, then this is amazing value at 6.49 instead of 12.99
Its about time Naked DSL became a reality in this country, its kinda silly having the landline, its just there as a convienience that when you use it, costs more than a mobile to use these days with connection charges and what not.
If plusnet can offer a deal for me to just keep the landline but for me to actually bin the handset and never use it, which will be the same a primus deal, then i think i will take them up, otherwise it'l have to be a switch
matt_2k34
Grafter

Im thinking that its a bit unfair now, calls have substantially reduced to a point where the landline is something that wont be missed if it disapeered completley,

Uhh... so what do you think is funding BT's massive investment in the infrastructure? the people who dont use the landline, the very slim profits they get from selling broadband, or the fact that you have to pay line rental?
Naked DSL could be a reality, but the cost of the DSL would go up easily £15. So whats the point?
I think the 'deal' is perfectly fair, and as a customer who uses plusnet, i shall be most [Censored] off if they offer you some sort of deal for a reduced rate for X months, I dont see why my subscription should subsidize the people who join to complain. at most you should be pointed at LRS.
To have a price increase on something we dont realy need anymore is harsh and if another company is offering it at 6.49 an month, it fits in idealy as the best way to save money for the next year.

From a customers point of view... feel free to leave, look at what People think of Primus  You get what you pay for..
Regards
richster
Grafter

Im in South Yorkshire where BT arnt bothering to install there upgrades for the next couple of years! instead the councils got fedup and installed there own FTTC networks which are probley the best in the UK, www.digitalregion.co.uk so bt's investment out of our pockets is a bit of a shoddy excuse. sorry
richster
Grafter

And i just read the reviews lol! oh dear Sad lol anyhow, i still dont see a problem as long as the broadband stays on , the phone line can do as it wishes realy
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: richster
bt's investment out of our pockets is a bit of a shoddy excuse. sorry

Seen as its their line, which connects to their equipment that your using, id say its a pretty valid one. The fact that your particular area is not included for infrastructure upgrades just yet is well... tough  Roll_eyes
installed there own FTTC networks which are probley the best in the UK

And theres nothing stopping you using one... Roll_eyes
Seriously, so much bitching about this small price increase, its pathetic. BT puts its rates up, everyone has to pass on that, they cant just absorb costs, the margins aint big enough. Why are so many people on the forums (your not the first, theres several length threads...) so up in arms about it? if you have such an issue with the increased rate.... MOVE
Regards

edit:
And i just read the reviews lol! oh dear

Indeed!  Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

,i still dont see a problem as long as the broadband stays on , the phone line can do as it wishes realy

unless they put a cease on it, at which point you lose your BB too...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
celiaandmartin

I thinl plusnet are expensive to call europe  Wink
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You could use Talk Anytime International 300 and for £5.00 per month get 300 minutes to top 20 international destinations including europe.
Jojo Smiley
adie:quote
AlaricAdair
Champion

Or the Skype Unlimited package for the same fiver per month, but 10,000 minutes per month for 28 destinations.  Come on BT/Plusnet you can do better!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Ellis
Grafter

There are other alternatives with a landline. I have an account with 18866 and my inland calls averaged around £5 for two months, until I changed to Plus Net anytime for £3.50 a month. I don't use international but if I did, it would be with 18866.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Post removed. I meant to post in another thread.
jetstar
Grafter

I' ve read that BT has announced a price freeze for 2012 , is there a guarantee from Plusnet as they are part of BT group?
The line rental price is up on 6 Dec. , will call prices go up next year ?
bsanotrun
Grafter

l anyhow, i still dont see a problem as long as the broadband stays on , the phone line can do as it wishes realy

Did you really read the reviews about primus?
do you really fancy calling that company if your line develops a fault, which would mean your BB would also be Kaput.