Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential new referral - 'Choose to Refuse' query

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Potential new referral - 'Choose to Refuse' query

I have a potential new referral for BB and Home Phone, who is prevaricating only because she is currently using the free trial period of BT's 'Choose to Refuse' service to avoid a malicious caller.
Digital Care's Alex Rolls advised in this thread that PN's 'Choose to Refuse' is available free for three months and chargeable at £2/month thereafter.
Can anyone advise if this still applies?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Potential new referral - 'Choose to Refuse' query

Hi 4C,
Yes, it's still available. Once the first 3 months are up though it's charged quarterly rather than monthly so it's £6 every three months rather than £2 every month.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Thanks Matt.  Smiley
I'll pass on the good news.
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

ps
Just out of academic interest - with Choose to Refuse in operation, does the caller get a recorded announcement, Number Unobtainable tone, or something else?
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I believe they'll get a standard ring tone until the call is either answered or refused, when it's refused they hear a message saying the call has been blocked.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

OK Matt, thanks again.
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Pity it doesn't block international calls
How does it work with "Number Unobtainable" such as number withheld or someone phoning via a PBX - does the "xx" feature work in both cases
BRABUS
Grafter

If plus Net could block the International calls my inlaws would switch to you tomorrow and pay over the odds for the service.
They are so fed up that I now answer International calls for them and tell them that they have call a funeral parlour - its the only way to get them off the phone and to start to get the number removed from their lists.
So plus net - is there any chance this feature could be introduced and if not can you explain what the technical reason is behind it as I am very curious to know Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi BRABUS,
is there any chance this feature could be introduced and if not can you explain what the technical reason is behind it as I am very curious to know

It's not something our suppliers offer as a call feature, such things are determined by them and not by ourselves I'm afraid. Besides, in all honesty I can't imagine that would be a very popular call feature to offer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Madman

I've been looking at these  http://www.truecall.co.uk/
I've read a lot of good reports about them, in a number of internet forums.
Regards  Nick
Javert
Grafter

Re: the “International Calls” - I have Caller Display and, if it indicates such a call, I never take it - I leave the phone’s Answering device to click in - and no-one ever leaves a message!    On the one occasion I answered the phone (without checking the screen message) - I knew, from the amount of noise from the Call Centre that I didn’t need to speak to them!
elkieluca
Grafter

My problem is I have a daughter who lives in Spain and one in Ireland and even though I pay for caller ID it only says International, so I don't know if its them or one of the many cold calls I get every day. I wish PN would change this so I could see their numbers.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Is it that British telephone service providers do not display the numbers or that the overseas telephone service providers do not supply them?
Ellis
Grafter

Probably that the foreign service does not have that ability. When I receive such calls, if I am not busy I like to string them along, if I am busy I just hang up.