Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible land line problems

FIXED
sacha100
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Possible land line problems

Hi hope someone can do a line check for me to make sure my land line is working or not as I do not have a fixed cable phone to check, I am fully aware that my broadband is not performing as it should (low Speed) but as of a few minutes ago my land line is now not working this is extremely important due to caring for an elderly sick parent that has dementia and his care team have to be able to contact us.

To help with the problem I have tried calling my landline number from my mobile phone and this seems to have a constant engaged tone when calling, I have tried all the usable checks and everything my end seems OK. As you will see from your records this is not the first time this has happened and may be an exchange problem.

If someone could test the line I would be most grateful and if fault is found can you please raise the necessary and request this be looked into.

10 REPLIES 10
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Possible land line problems

Did you run the phone troubleshooter? https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

sacha100
Rising Star

Hi yes have tried everything apart from plugging in a fixed landline as i do not have one, four members of my family have tried calling my landline phone number from there Mobil phones and it seems to not work and just disconnects so everything is pointing towards there being a problem with the line.

sacha100
Rising Star

Forgot to mention i tried calling support but was told by recorded message to chat online, when trying online chat to report problem looks like that is down also see attached image.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

If the troubleshooter found a problem it should have created a ticket which you can get to in your account through the main website. Have a look and see if it found and reported a problem with the line. If it did, it might put your mind at rest.

sacha100
Rising Star

Hi tried that but looks like the system is also having problems, see attached image.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Tickets can be found here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@sacha100 That message is a good sign, it may mean a fault ticket has been raised, can you access your member centre account and check for open questions, otherwise known as tickets?

sacha100
Rising Star

OK Thank you i was not aware of this as it just showed an error with that service so have tried again and now raised two ticket of the same, as you will see i have diverted calls to my mobile which will have to stay in place until this problem has been sorted out.

Thank you again.

sacha100
Rising Star

Hi just received an Email stating that the you have completed the changes to my Call Features. We've added the following: 

Call divert.

But when trying to call landline number which i expect to be put though to my Mobile phone it just cuts off as of before as if the land line is dead.

sacha100
Rising Star

Fix

Hi just inform you my land line is now back up and running, the order i placed for the Call divert did not go though as i did try to call home phone and this did not transfer to my Mobile phone, as stated the land line has been fixed and is working as it should.I have tried to cancel the call divert but am unable to so am asking if you could please cancel this now as my landline is now working as it should.

Thank you again for all your help.