Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone line to Plusnet and moving to a bundle package

rk508
Dabbler

Porting phone line to Plusnet and moving to a bundle package

Hi

I currently have a FTTC Broadband only 55/10 connection from Plusnet. My phone line is with BT. 

I was wondering if I can port my phone line to Plusnet and move onto a bundled package? If so would I get to retain my existing 55/10 connection or would I need to move to a 40/2 connection.

Thanks in advance

rk508

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Porting phone line to Plusnet and moving to a bundle package

PlusNet now offer 80/20 or 40/10 FTTC services (40/2 has gone and existing customers are being upgraded). You are a special case if you have the 55/10 product ( presumably previously on the old 40/20 service) Getting a phone and broadband package could be a bit difficult. It should be possible but the usual customer support will struggle as it would not be a standard package. You would probably need help from the forum reps to sort it and as for the price..... who knows.Wink

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Porting phone line to Plusnet and moving to a bundle package

Hi there.

In theory, adding home phone to your account shouldn't affect your fibre package.

If you put it through online here let us know once you're done and I'll double check your fibre stays where it is.

If you're wanting a cheaper deal on your fibre package as a dual play customer, I'll be happy to arrange a call back from our Customer Options Team? Send me a PM with your contact number and (roughly) the best time of day.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet