cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Plusnet to VoIP

narrowgauge
Hooked

Porting number from Plusnet to VoIP

I wish to port my phone number from Plusnet to a VoIP provider, who is asking for a copy of a bill showing my name, address and phone number, to prove that I am the owner. But Plusnet don't put the number on the bill, so how do I get round this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Porting number from Plusnet to VoIP

@narrowgauge your number is on the bill , its on the heading for the itemised call list. However, normally all that's needed for the port is a completed porting form and LoA ( letter of authority ) .

You do realise that when you port your number, it will automatically cease the phoneline and thus any associated broadband ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

narrowgauge
Hooked

Re: Porting number from Plusnet to VoIP

Thanks for your reply.

I had to go back to September before I found a bill with chargeable calls. 

The VoIP provider asks for a copy of the bill in addition to the porting request and the letter of authority. I assume they know what they want but I have emailed them. Doesn't matter now.

I am aware of the impact of porting the number from PN but since I had FTTP installed on Thursday that is not relevant. 

Thanks again.