cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Virgin number.

p0mme
Dabbler

Porting a Virgin number.

Hello.   I've got a query about moving a Virgin Media number from 1 property to another. All the threads I found by searching are many years old, or don't seem to be about moving from different properties.

I have Virgin Media currently, and am buying a new-build house. It is within the same dialling code area, and was previously a BT number from 2008, that I ported to Virgin Media in 2011 when I moved house then.

Is there somewhere in the sign up process here to specifically request that PlusNet port in the number from Virgin Media? I couldn't see when I was looking at the sign up process (didn't complete) - I see the field to give the current phone number, but nothing to request  a number port. If not how would I request it?

2 REPLIES 2
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Porting a Virgin number.

If you are a new signup to ourselves, just put your number in and our provisioning team will know this is a number to be ported into us, if you wanted to be extra sure, once you've signed up give us a quick call or post here and we can add an extra note to your account/.

As the number is active within virgin we will need the virgin line to still be active when we activate our line, the number will cease with them as it goes live with us. In your case as the number was an older BT number, then BT should be the rangeholder which means if the Virgin line did get ceased you'd be able to get it back after 2 weeks once the number returned to the BT Pool.

If you want to pop me a PM with the number I can run a few checks to ensure that we can bring it back to the BT network if any issues occurred however there should be no issues with porting it straight from Virgin Smiley 

p0mme
Dabbler

Re: Porting a Virgin number.

Many thanks for the reply. The Virgin line will still be active for 3 weeks, and I going to wait a little longer before signing up until I have new house keys & know when I can book the connection.