Did you mean: 

Porting Number from (Vonage) Voip

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Porting Number from (Vonage) Voip

Hi @abidmatak At the point of you contacting our provisions team the renumber order was in progress so it makes sense to wait until the order completes then go from there. I tested your line before it completed and I detected a line fault, which I raised to Openreach promptly. Unfortunately this fault report was rejected in the system because of the open order.

The renumber order then completed promptly at 18:14 this evening, and testing your line isn't showing any issues now. From a provision point of view, they've done everything correctly.

I've also rung the number porting team at Openreach and they've confirmed the port has gone through successfully.

If your line doesn't work, it would seem that you're unfortunately simply experiencing a fault with your service. With this in mind I can't see anything we could've done to prevent this, I'm happy to be corrected though.

To investigate the fault further and while I appreciate it seems unlikely to be a fault with your equipment/wiring, the only way we can progress the fault with our suppliers if line tests don't show an external cause is by arranging an engineer visit. So I'd just like to double check that everything's working OK within your property, could you try plugging a single phone handset with no other equipment attached into the test socket as explained Here? Let me know how it goes.

With regards to the appointment we booked for an engineer visit from what I can see this went ahead on the initial date of the 03/09/19 that you chose when you signed up to us, there's been no reappointment. Could you clarify this please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

I have a dial tone to dial out on my plusnet line. The old number assigned to my plusnet line is showing inactive.

What you need to understand is that my porting number is still active on my voip line, I have disconnected my voip line to see if it would redirect to plusnet but just goes straight to my voip answer phone, there is some thing detrimentally wrong with the porting process, can you please investigate this. 

I do not have the energy to explain to you what happened with bt openreach, please read my previous tickets.

Abid

abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

So a further update. When I call out from my plusnet number it comes across on caller ID as the correct number that has been ported. But when I receive calls on my ported number it comes through to my voip number not plusnet. So I have 1 number with 2 lines with the same number.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @abidmatak and for the clarification. 

As discussed it seems that the port wasn't completed correctly so I've emailed the migration services escalations team. They'll likely need to work with your VoIP provider to get this sorted and I'd expect an update on Tuesday. 

I'm out of the office on Monday but I'll follow things up on Tuesday and call you back in the afternoon.

Once this is resolved I'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience that's caused along with the extra time our suppliers needed on the day to fulfill the installation order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

OMG!!! 

Just when you think things cant get any worse they have. The number has now ported correctly earlier today, since the correction of this my internet is no longer working. Download speed is correct as it should be but the upload speed is 0.00, this has been checked on  http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/.  (Router reset, wires checked etc etc all done) Internet is useless without any upload. At least with the phone line issue I had a land line, but with a family of 5 without internet my kids are very upset and in turn am upset with Plusnet.

I have aged more in the last two weeks than ever before in my life with one problem after another with Plusnet, with the benefit of hindsight I should have just stayed with my previous supplier and let sleeping doge lie. Is there a resolution for this or do I just cancel plusnet get a refund and go back to my previous supplier. I am aware you are not in the office today, but please please can you look in to this matter urgently. Let this be a lesson to anyone think of changing suppliers!!!!!!!

Abid

abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

So just spoke to c/s, they say an engineer is due to visit 17.9.2019 but on the ticket is says the following 

Anoush Mortazavi - CSC Analyst
6:13pm, Friday 13 Sep 2019
[internal]
Fault was rejected.
Anoush Mortazavi

Please advise?

Kind regards,
Abid

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@abidmatak,

Your VOIP port issue is still open with Openreach and Gamma, we had an update today at around 5pm and we're awaiting for full confirmation that the matter is resolved, if we get anything tonight before we leave at 10pm we'll let you know, if not it will be tomorrow morning. 

The issues you're experiencing with your broadband are not related. We've received a major service outage report from Openreach today that is currently being investigated where there's an issue at possibly 7 exchanges affecting data transfer, of which your exchange is one of them.

The note you've found from @Gandalf is just an internal note about a previous fault that was raised to Openreach. Basically they rejected it and Anoush raised it via a different method - a number port channel we have. The word rejection is nothing to worry about. Your broadband service being is currently being fixed by Openreach - this is affecting all service providers and multiple customers in your and other exchange areas, we're expecting an update on that later on this evening, but before we're able to update you your connection will likely just start working again. 

abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Anoush

Can you please give me a call, if possible after 5pm today.

I also need to switch off my answerphone, on my phone account its been unable to change service for a number of days.

Secondly on my broadband account under view my usage just keeps saying "error 404" page not found.

Abid

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @abidmatak 

Can you please give me a call, if possible after 5pm today.

Sure thing.

I also need to switch off my answerphone, on my phone account its been unable to change service for a number of days.

You'll be able to switch voicemail off by logging into your account then going here: https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_remove_call_features

Secondly on my broadband account under view my usage just keeps saying "error 404" page not found.

We've removed the View My Broadband Usage tool for unlimited packages as it wasn't accurate due to the way connections route across our network and it's also not necessary anymore. The community has been discussing this Here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Hi Anoush

You'll be able to switch voicemail off by logging into your account then going here: https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_remove_call_features (unable to do this) see attached files.

An error has occurred

You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress.

Unable to change service

You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress.

You currently have an order in progress to add call features

Your call feature(s) will be added to your account on the next working day.
Please note: If you've requested to add any call features, you cannot add or remove any further features until this is complete.

Been like it for days will not update.

Speak to you soon after 5.

Abid

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi Abid,

Cheers for your time on the phone, I'm happy to see that things are now resolved.

I've added a reply to your support ticket 193722973 documenting what we've discussed.

Feel free to let me know over here if you need any further assistance at all. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Anoush

Thank you for everything. Im sure if it wasn't for you following my problems through things might have taken a turn for the worse. Really appreciate you following my problems through.

Abid 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Abid,

Not a problem and I'm sorry again for the mistakes that were made.

I hope moving forward that everything's as smooth as it was today for you.

Cheers,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet