Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number from (Vonage) Voip

FIXED
abidmatak
Dabbler

Porting Number from (Vonage) Voip

Hi

Now that I've joined Plusnet and am paying for a landline service again I would like to continue using my existing number. However, Plusnet Customer Services inform me it's not possible to have this number ported over. I'm not convinced about this as surely with the port to Voipfone taking place through BT IPEX it should be possible to port the number again upon placing a new request? Vonage customer services see no reason why this can't happen and numbers are transferred all the time.

I have found my number here https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm so cant see why Plusnet are finding it so difficult to port my number. The line is still active with Vonage (Voip)

They have put a number transfer in but im not holding my breath as the adviser was not very confident that it would happen.

They have also suggested cancelling my line (plusnet) and put a new request in for a new line with the vonage number which can take 5 days, which will result in loss of service (broadband as well)

Can someone from Plusnet please contact me and try to get the matter resolved.

Abid

27 REPLIES 27
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Porting Number from (Vonage) Voip

Hi Abid. Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to see the issues you've had trying to import your telephone number from VoIP and while the alternative suggestions we've given you wouldn't work, the number import request we've placed is the correct way of progressing this.

I've got in touch with Openreach to confirm the progress of the order and they've called the rangeholder/owner of the number and were advised that we should receive an update before the end of the day.

I'm going to be owning this taking this on personally for you and I'll update you as soon as we know more. I'll also make sure a bit of feedback is passed on to the relevant advisers with regards how they've handled this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

Thank you so much, look forward to the update. Lets hope the matter is resolved.

Abid

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Abid, no problem I'll keep you updated on the progress

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

Do you have an update?

Abid

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Abid, yup I can confirm the order we placed on Wednesday has been accepted by our suppliers and the port is due to complete on the 13/09/19 renumbering your line with us with the imported number. I'd expect your VoIP provider to relay this information over to yourself although I'm not too sure how things work on their side.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

Your a gentleman and a scholar. I will update once the porting is complete. I knew it could be done. Maybe an idea  to inform colleagues in C/S. Thank you again.

Abid.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Abid, no problem and thanks for your kind words. It was in fact the adviser(Mo) you spoke with on Wednesday who arranged this although I understand he didn't have faith it was the correct way to go.

I just chased things up with our suppliers today. I will be sure to pass feedback on as a heads up to him that it was correct and also to the other advisers as the number import order could've been placed sooner.

Fingers crossed all goes well on the day although as the order is committed to a completion date of the 13th I don't anticipate any issues moving forward, I'll continue to keep an eye on this and check back a week today.

Cheers,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

Just a quick update. Still waiting for number to be ported, I know its supposed to be til Friday!

Abid

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update Abid, I’d expect the number port/line renumber order to complete on Friday itself. Let me know how it goes.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

So a quick update for you. My plusnet line/number is now dead (although broadband is still working thank god).

But the number that is supposed to be ported is still active with my old supplier (not PlusNet as should be the case). I fear something detrimental has happened. Please can you look in to the matter and come back to me asap.

Abid.

abidmatak
Dabbler

So just rank the provision team there is answer is "don't worry"

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @abidmatak 

I'm sorry to see your phone line has stopped working. I've tested your line and the tests are showing an "Unbalanced Cable" fault somewhere along the line so I've reported this through to our suppliers for further investigation and we've been advised of an estimated response time of by 17/09/19 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further.

The number port/renumber order is still going through and I'd expect that to happen before midnight. Unfortunately it looks like the issue with your line is unrelated to the renumbering and when the number port order completes which we can't stop at this stage, you'll likely lose service to your phone number until the line is repaired.

Apologies for the inconvenience, I'll continue to keep an eye on this and I'll check back on the 17th.

[edit]

@abidmatak The fault report I raised have been rejected by our suppliers as the renumber order was still in progress. Having checked on the progress of the order again, I can see it has now just completed literally 2 minutes ago. 

I've tested your line again and it's showing as clear, can you confirm your service is working now?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

Appreciate in you coming back to me. I am absolutely appalled by the level of service I seem to be receiving. Provisions is telling me one thing your telling me another. I did tell provisions my line was dead.  Why did provisions say everything is ok?  just waiting for the port. Please bare in mind I have had a new line installed from outside in. I originally asked for the number to be ported way back before my line was even installed, and you have to pay £75 for the trouble.

I am still awaiting a resolution for the missed appointment and reappointment from BT Openreach, that seems to have gone out the window. Had I known it was going to be this difficult to change over I honestly would never have bothered moving from my old supplier. PlusNet have yet to get the elementary things right.

This level of service is totally unacceptable, I am not prepared to wait another four days to be told to wait another 7 days.

This requires your urgent attention 

abidmatak
Dabbler

Dear Gandalf

Just checked. PlusNet line dead old supplier line still active on the number to be ported.

Abid