cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported phone number - cannot receive calls

DanJ81

Ported phone number - cannot receive calls

Hi,

My home phone cannot receive calls. It has a dial tone and will dial out. There is no problem with the broadband. Having spoke to Plusnet on the phone they have tested the line and cannot find a problem. I have found a couple of posts on the forum and the problem was apparently with the porting, an admin named HarryB sorted the problem for them. Could someone help me with this.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Ported-Landline-won-t-accept-incoming-calls/td-p/1609341

Thanks,

Dan
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Ported phone number - cannot receive calls

@DanJ81 Welcome to the forum.  🙂

While waiting for one of the Plusnet Help Team to respond, it could be helpful to dial 17070 to see what number is announced by the automatic test system.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @DanJ81 

I'm sorry to see you're unable to receive incoming calls. Have you always had this problem since you were with us? This would generally only be a number porting issue if that's the case. If you have been able to receive calls in the past with us, I'd recommend plugging an alternative handset (preferably corded if possible) into the master telephone socket.

Let us know how it goes, if you're still having issues we'd need to arrange an engineer with you to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DanJ81

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I tried ringing 17070 and it is saying my current number. I can’t say whether it has ever worked since the number was ported over as its rarely used. I am going to try a corded phone, but I’m not sure it will make a difference. When the line has no phone connected it still doesn’t ring or go to the voicemail as I would think it should.

Thanks,

Dan
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Dan, I've just checked with Openreach and they've said that the number port has been successfully completed already. Let us know how it goes once you've been able to try a corded handset.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DanJ81

Hi,

I have now tried a corded phone and am still having the problem. Is it best to phone and ask for an engineer.

Thanks,

Dan
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @DanJ81, thanks for confirming that. I've raised a fault ticket on your account and sent an email asking for an engineer. If you can reply there we can get that arranged for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team