Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Landline won't accept incoming calls

FIXED
rporter39

Ported Landline won't accept incoming calls

Hi,

I have the same issue as the thread below, previously resolved by HarryB

So far PlusNet have arranged for a BT engineer to visit but now I've researched this it appears that this is probably a waste of time, there isn't any hardware issues (plusnet staff ran checks and found no faults, dialling out is fine, broadband also fine and the number is ok via 17070 test), so by all accounts it's an issue with the number port at some point during the process. I've tried explaining this to the PlusNet CS rep and via an open question but seems to have fallen on deaf ears, hoping HarryB can resolve since he seemed to sort the similar issue without any trouble.

Don't want to end disputing who pays for a BT engineer when they find no fault and it transpires that the porting needs looking at....

For reference:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Can-dial-out-on-home-phone-but-cannot-receive-calls/td-p/13...

Thanks

Ralph.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Ported Landline won't accept incoming calls

Fix

Hi @rporter39,

I've contacted our suppliers regarding this to check the number port. They've advised that they've contacted the losing provider and expect this to be resolved within the next 2 hours, although from past experience this could happen pretty quickly.

Could you let me know if you're able to receive calls now and I'll try and cancel the appointment.

If it's too far gone and can't be cancelled, and a chat with the Openreach Number Port team has resolved this, you shouldn't incur an engineer charge.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rporter39

Thank you very much Harry, and yes you have resolved it already, you're a star, the most frustrating thing is that your colleague was unable to take the same action despite the kind of obvious nature of the problem.

Can I leave it with you to sort out the BT side then please since obviously no engineer is required!

Many Thanks,

Ralph.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming that the problems you were experiencing with receiving incoming calls has now been resolved.

I have submitted a request to cancel the fault report that had been raised and will ensure feedback is passed on for training, regarding how this matter was handled.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rporter39

Finally can I please ask that someone feedback the status with the engineer for me Harry.

Many Thanks,

Ralph.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I submitted the cancellation for this shortly after you confirmed the line was working as expected now, it looks like the cancellation for the appointment has since gone through so there shouldn't be an engineer attending any more.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rporter39

Really appreciate you stepping in an resolving this Harry.