cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port landline number between plusnet accounts

AlistairS
Hooked

Port landline number between plusnet accounts

I got a landline and Broadband installed  a few weeks ago at my father's place.  I was made redundant last month but needed access  so I could look for employment.   He is also a Plusnet customer but is out of contract.  I am moving out shortly as I have secured employment elsewhere.  Due to Plusnet holding a gun at my head and saying "pay a £65 transfer fee" to get the services  transferred to the new place or "extend your 3 week old contract by 6 months to right off the transfer fee".  I'm not overly keen on staying!

My dad would quite happily take over my contract as long as he could keep his existing number.

Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Port landline number between plusnet accounts

Hi @AlistairS thanks for your question.

With regards to the House Move, I'm sorry that's how you feel. As there are costs involved in moving over the service to a new address (cease the old service, activate the new service, possible installation costs etc), this is why we give the option to pay a house move fee upfront, or recontract (which essentially spreads the cost).

In relation to your dad taking over the contract, you wouldn't be able to change the name on the account, though you could always add him as an authorised user... this could cause issues down the line though as he wouldn't be able to raise faults or recontract without you present however.

With regards to him keeping the number, this would be possible however would involve you doing a renumber and be charged £36.63 for this.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
AlistairS
Hooked

How do I go about doing the renumber as this seems to be my cheapest option?

Can you also indicate how quickly this could be done?

Thanks

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Alistair,

Thanks for coming back to us, I appreciate your query.

I would suggest speaking to our Customer Options Team, along with your father. They'll advise the process and correct time scales, and you can contact them directly on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

08:00 to 20:00 (Monday to Friday)
09:00 to 19:00 (Saturday)
09:00 to 18:00 (Sunday)

Call wait times to our Customer Options Team are minimal, although peak times do affect the time you have to wait.

At the moment, there is no wait time and you will get straight through to them.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF