Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet to Plusnet phone calls.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet to Plusnet phone calls.

I'm sure that I read something in the past to the effect that calls from one Plusnet phone to another  (i.e. both lines) are always free.
Is my memory playing tricks with me and if not does the 1hr free call time limit still apply?
8 REPLIES 8
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Plusnet to Plusnet phone calls.

Yes, they're always free, and yes, redial if approaching the hour.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Foresee
redial if approaching the hour.

I didn't mention that I am on "Talk Anytime" so, more specifically, I wondered whether there is any additional benefit or allowance when I call another Plusnet line given that I already get free anytime calls up to 1 hour?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nope Smiley
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Cry
andypn

OK so how do I know if a number I am calling is a PN customer or not? Surely I should be able to determine the cost (ie cost or free) of any call BEFORE I make that call. Is this not an OFCOM requirement?
I have only started with PN Phone line this a.m. so am making a list of all the difference from BT.
Ta Andy.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You need to ask them  Grin
Problem is that identifying Plusnet Customers by telephone number almost certainly breaks the Data Protection Act
Note that phoning a number doesn't go anywhere near the Plusnet systems so automatic identification isn't practical in any case
w23
Pro

Don't forget, any other customer could change telephone provider (to or from Plusnet) with no change to their number (and no obligation to tell anyone else).
In terms of the OFCOM rules, you can only identify a Plusnet number as a standard geographical number so you should assume that you will be charged at that rate unless you know that the number you're calling is a Plusnet telephone customer.  I don't think it's a breech of OFCOM rules if you unexpectedly don't get charged for a call you expected to get charged for (because it happens to be a Plusnet line but you didn't know it was).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: w23
Don't forget......,[snip]

She who must be obeyed has only got 1 sister. All my other phone calls last a few minutes at most  Roll_eyes