cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet to Plusnet calls (chargeable after 1 hour?)

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet to Plusnet calls (chargeable after 1 hour?)

I always thought these were not chargeable regardless of duration, has that changed?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Plusnet to Plusnet calls (chargeable after 1 hour?)

From here https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/
PlusNet to Plusnet Inclusive at all times

Calls to PN support are free, regardless of duration
Inclusive calls to UK numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes

You can read that both ways I guess....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro

I'm fairly sure-ish that we've previously had longer calls 'Plusnet to Plusnet' (the Missus to her Dad) which were not charged, now a call of 1h:18m is costing me £1.80 (I guess a straight 10p/min over the first 60 minutes).  I'd be cheaper routing my 'free' Plusnet to Plusnet calls over VOIP and paying for every minute (1:49 total this month would have cost me around 82p).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm fairly sure-ish that we've previously had longer calls
TBH I wouldn't like to call it. The wife's sister is on PN and I'd be fairly confident that they've talked for longer than an hour ( and I've talked to the BIL for some lengthy periods when trying to sort his computer problems! ) but I really couldn't swear to it. Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 514

I remember having a long chat with the ex-wife last year that went over the hour so I checked back and the call on 3/6/15 lasting 1:08 cost £0.72.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

w23
Pro

Thanks @MisterW & @Mav, I think they've 'got me' on this occasion - wording on Ts & Cs is sufficiently unclear even if things have changed at some time in the dim and distant past.
Call me 'w23'
peter10
Grafter

PN to PN calls are chargeable after an hour. A few years ago it seemed to change from having no time limit as a friend regularly used to go over the hour and then suddenly started being charged, There was a discussion in the forum at the time but I can't find it. I do remember a staff member saying the free call was limited to the hour.
w23
Pro

Thanks for confirming.
Call me 'w23'
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: w23
wording on Ts & Cs is sufficiently unclear

I think it's actually reasonably clear - PN calls are inclusive, not free
PlusNet to Plusnet - Inclusive at all times

Inclusive calls to UK numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes

expat

Skype anyone?? We use it all the time. At home on our puter and tablets, out n about  on my mobile.  I only have a meagre data allowance [500Meg] on my mobile but have never had problems going over.
Mav
Fixes: 514

WhatsApp is another option - even has WhatsApp Web for using on the PC.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still