Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet refused business line rental & phone

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet refused business line rental & phone

I just cannot get my head round it. At present, my line rental saver is due to expiry next month. I can see residential line rental cost £15.95 plus anytime call plan at £5.00 total cost of £20.95. Now, I spoken to business sales on chat and he say NO, you cannot have line rental with phone on business as you must have plusnet broadband with them. But I stated to him, I do have plusnet fibre with them 80/20 with residential line rental and phone with anytime call plan. But, they say NO, You can't take your line rental and phone from residential to business as you need a business broadband. That's biggest conned.
I work out cost:
Residential line rental £15.95 or
LIne Rental Saver £12.99 (12 months advance payment of £155.88)
Business line rental £12.60 (inc VAT)
So, overall business line rental is cheaper than standard residential line rental and again cheaper than line rental saver (residential)
So, why can't Plusnet offer phone only (under business) not with business broadband.
I will now serious consider myself moving the phone line rental away from plusnet to other provider who will accept me phone line rental (phone only).
6 REPLIES 6
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Plusnet refused business line rental & phone

Is the phone line for a business?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

AFAIK Plusnet don't offer telephone line only for any customers (Business or Residential), certainly not for new lines.
You could have Plusnet Business Broadband + Phone or Plusnet Residentail Broadband + Phone, you can't really expect to mix one Business product with one Residential product.
Plusnet are one of the few ISPs that allow you to use their broadband product without telephone line rental (you must have line rental from a BT Wholesale supplier though), but you pay extra and will not get the best discounts unless you buy the whole package.
You could try MAAF if you simply want a second telephone line.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: goldenfibre
Residential line rental £15.95 or
LIne Rental Saver £12.99 (12 months advance payment of £155.88)
Business line rental £12.60 (inc VAT)
So, overall business line rental is cheaper than standard residential line rental and again cheaper than line rental saver (residential)

You are in part comparing apples with pears!!
Residential monthly phone tariff includes free weekend calls.
It is fair though to claim that business phone line rental is slightly cheaper than residential LRS, neither of which provide any free call allowance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Also note, Business line rental at £10.50 + VAT (£12.60) is on a 24 month contract, it's £12.50 + VAT (£15.00) on 12 month contract and £14.50 + VAT (£17.40) 'without contract'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Quote from: AndyH
Is the phone line for a business?

Phone line plus anytime call plan for my home (I choose business because of cheaper than the residential one) but sadly plusnet say NO.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there goldenfibre,
As w23 says, unfortunately you can't mix Business and Residential products together, so if you wanted the Business phone package, you would have to take the Business broadband with it too. I'm sorry about this Sad