cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet phone service and monitored house intruder burgular alarm systems

chrisanddave

Plusnet phone service and monitored house intruder burgular alarm systems

I have been looking into upgrading my plusnet account to fibre with phone.  I currently have a bt phone and plusnet broadband.  BUT I have a monitored alarm system.  This requires three-way calling, to ensure that the alarm can dial the monitoring station even if the phone is in use.  The is a standard BT option.  Plusnet allow for manually set up conference calling, but say that their system (which I assume is only BT under the skin, as it is now owned by BT) does not support the requirement for monitored alarms.  They spent some time this morning checking on this.  There is no specific statement the this effect on any of their marketing material.  So - potential Plusnet phone users beware.  If you have a monitored alarm system, do not choose Plusnet home phone.  They say it will not work and you could be letting yourself in for a lot of trouble getting yourself out and back to a system that will work.  Me, I will be looking at moving everything to BT, as the saving obtainable by having both the broadband and phone from Plusnet is not available to me.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet phone service and monitored house intruder burgular alarm systems

Hi chrisanddave and welcome to the community forum.
Sorry to hear about this and thanks for your feedback on the matter. I'll do my best to push this back to see if we can make some information about this more clearly available.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TW
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

My monitored alarm system requires calls to the ARC on setting and un-setting the alarm and this is not a problem with my plusnet fibre/phone.
My beef is with the charge per call (19p) to the special g6(?) number (08448)  each time I leave or re-enter my house for the few seconds line time needed to contact the ARC.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Three way calling works fine on our lines (afaik), there is a one-off fee applicable but the charging is currently broken with no eta of a fix Smiley