cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is the ONLY one not barring premium rate calls!!!

oksunnyman

Plusnet is the ONLY one not barring premium rate calls!!!

Got call starting with 09..., definitely not made by anyone in the house, then called the customer service, was told, sorry they can't do anything, not calls barring from plusnet!
How useless the so called great service company.
No complaint service offered over the phone, and was passed to cancellation team to be told having to pay their early termination charges!
Wonderful company, isn't it?
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet is the ONLY one not barring premium rate calls!!!

I'm sorry we don't offer the barring service you've asked us about.
I'm wondering if perhaps you have an alarm system as some do call monitoring stations on a premium rate number.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
oksunnyman

I do have a alarm system, but the point I am making here is, YOU are the only one in the market not providing this useful service to your customers, although you used to. This is something really puzzles me. I'd like to end the contract with you because of your failure of fulfilling a common request in the market, but was asked to pay early termination and other fees. Is it fair?
I don't understand why you have been rated quite high in customer services vote, really want to know how this outcome turned out.
Anyway, since I was asked by your call centre staff, he didn't know where to transfer me for complaints other than writing to you, here I went.
I hope you as a GOOD provider, at least so called, could provide some useful services to you customers.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I am sorry you feel this way.
I don't believe we've ever offered this service.
Unfortunately early termination fees would be applicable in this case. We would not waive early termination fees simply because don't provide every service that other providers may provide.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
oksunnyman

Really? Did you search your own forum? Plusnet has never offered the service?
Check it now:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101105.0.html/
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: gingerbloke
Thanks Matt
Raised a ticket (50444597) and the response was :
"Thank you for your query. Unfortunately the ability to block calls to specific numbers is not a service we currently offer."
Adam

The rest of the thread seems to be discussing 'choose to refuse' a call feature which helps block unwanted incoming calls.
I still do not believe we have ever offered a service to bar outbound calls to premium rate numbers.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
oksunnyman

Indeed, it's your responsibility to find out, not mine, as a customer.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As Harry advises, I'm afraid this is not a service we offer.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grhys

I too am surprised that PlusNet do not offer this service. You are owned by BT, and EE is a sister company, and they both offer this service.

As previously stated, the request service is for OUTBOUND calling to Premium rate numbers, all of which start with 09xxx and this is a desirable feature for both family friendly (stops children dialling up premium numbers/unsavoury lines/ competitions, and also prevents bill-payers incurring unnecessary larger bills).

My mother-in-law has just entered several competitions, and dialled some other premium line, not realising the costs due to dementia, so you are also not being dementia / older person friendly. She has incurred considerable extra cost without realising it !! It is time Plusnet provided this service, which my Mother-in-Law had free with BT before she switched after you cold-called her, and preferably at lower cost then the £2.50 mentioned.

Thanks, PlusNet subscriber 

sallymc

I can't agree more.  It's crazy that Plusnet can't block premium numbers.  As the calls run over a bt line and use exactly the same technology, there is no reason that I can see why they wouldn't provide this service.

A cynic would suspect that they make too much revenue stream from the premium calls.

Set up my elderly mum on plusnet and she's managed to run up £75 of premium calls in the last 2 weeks - absolutely crazy that these can't be stopped.