cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Plusnet happy to leave family with a 3 yr old autistic child with no working landline or broadband?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: *Plusnet happy to leave family with a 3 yr old autistic child with no working landline or bro...

I've also spoken to Openreach and they've been able to tell me that the part of the work involving contractors to excavate on the sites where the repairs are taking place have completed their part of the job so line engineers will be able complete the cable repairs now.

I'll make sure we get this chased up again tomorrow as a priority but I'm confident it's close to being resolved now.

I'm so sorry for the continued inconvenience and I'll make sure we look after you as soon as the service is back up and running. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyt1970
Grafter

Re: *Plusnet happy to leave family with a 3 yr old autistic child with no working landline or bro...

Having no working telephone or broadband / wi-fi isn't an inconvenience, it's a necessity.

We can't ring the doctors to make any appointments / get test results, we can't go online to book appopintments, and me and my partner are ploughing through pay-as-you-go top ups just to be able to ring each other. No, we don't have fancy smartphones with "all you can eat data", just basic PAYG mobiles so the only way to do things online is either while at work during breaks (like now), or go round to my partners elderly mothers house to use her phone or broadband.

So it's all OPENREACH's fault. So who are they accountable to? Don't tell me, no one.

Just like OFCOM won't accept complaints on behalf of individuals. So WHATS THE POINT?

As for "you" (Plusnet) chasing this up for me today, tomorrow, whenever - it's always me having to come on here and make a seemingly pointless post to warrant any kind of update/repy from you....

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As part of the resolution of your complaint I want to cover the extra phone credit you've had to use because of the phone fault. 

If it helps I can start processing a refund towards that now for you so please let me know if you'd like us to do that. 

As I have ownership of your issue I'm committed to keep chasing this up every day that I'm here and if I'm not I'll continue to hand the case over to colleagues. 

We're Openreach's customers to they're accountable to us, in return we're accountable to you and will never pass the buck onto Openreach as we're supplying the service to you and need to handle any matters of complaint with yourself directly. 

I'm happy in turn to raise a complaint to Openreach about the length of time it's taken to resolve this fault but any communication with yourself about the issue would need to be with ourselves. 

OFCOM are an industry regulator rather than an entity that would handle individual complaints on a case by case basis but it is possible to register issues with them here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain-to-ofcom

It's worth keeping in mind that we have seen some progress on this today sooner than expected and work is continuing. I'm away from work for the next 2 days but I will be handing your case over to colleagues to continue to chase this up and keep the pressure on Openreach. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We received an update on the 31st to say that the fault should be fixed now. Are you able to confirm if that's right please? 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyt1970
Grafter

I can confirm that my landline and broadband are now working again, after an Openreach engineer visited on Tuesday 31st December 2019, exactly 2 weeks after losing all service for the Christmas period.

I believe OFCOM state I am entitled to £8 per day compensation for loss of service x 14 days, plus our PAYG top-up costs plus credit for the 14 days without any service.....

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm so glad to hear that the services are back up and running and I'm sorry it's taken so for the common fault affecting your line to get fixed. 

The £8 per day you've mentioned is a voluntary automated compensation scheme which isn't something we're involved in, we're not obliged to cover third party costs incurred but I will make sure we're fair in arranging a suitable good will gesture for you along with a refund for the time without phone and broadband that you've already paid for.

I've arranged the refund for the downtime and have added an update to your account, https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197213410

Could you check that when you can and let me know when you've responded please?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BobH

andyt1970 I wouldn't hold you're breath waiting for a decent compensation payment, this morning I was offered £10 for being without service for 21 days

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @BobH

I've responded to your other thread - for clarity, the resolution you have been offered is fully detailed on the ticket that my colleague raised for you (which I've now taken ownership of) and equates to more than £10.

Thanks

Dave

andyt1970
Grafter

Been off sick for a few days, and I can't see any update on my account when I click that link.

How do I send you (private) scans of my Virgin PAYG top up receipts / online banking printscreens? Can I email them to you?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @andyt1970

If you take a screenshot of the receipts or your online banking you can upload them by going here and add your response at the same time

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andyt1970
Grafter

I clicked that link and there is nowhere to upload them. I don't understand these "tickets", why can't I just answer on this forum. I just want to upload my PAYG top up evidence (privately).

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @andyT9170

If you can send it me via PM I'll pass it onto the agent who's monitoring this for you

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andyt1970
Grafter

Matthew - I have just sent 3 PMs with scans of receipts plus online banking results showing PAYG top up purchases.

All were bought during our total loss of service (telephone landline and broadband) between 17th december and 31st december 2020).

Thank you.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the messages @andyt1970

I've passed that on for you and we'll update the open ticket shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andy, I've just arranged the refunds as per the messages you've sent to Matt, I've added a confirmation to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197857631 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team