cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet charging for line rental before BT provides a phone socket

YOYOY

Plusnet charging for line rental before BT provides a phone socket

I ordered a new line and broadband with Plusnet.
Plusnet has arranged for the BT socket to be installed in a months time, although I had an email to say my phone line is now active.
I have just checked my account and it says that I am being charged £11.25 line rental up to the date of the BT engineer's visit.
This seems a bit steep seeing as I can't actually make any calls or use a broadband connection. Is it normal Plusnet practice to charge for a service that can't be used?
2 REPLIES 2
grazy1979
Grafter

Re: Plusnet charging for line rental before BT provides a phone socket

Might be best to raise a ticket.
I don't understand why you would get an email saying the line is active a month before its installed, maybe that's why your being charged already. I don't think plusnet charge until the service is up and running, I know this was the case with mine.
YOYOY

Re: Plusnet charging for line rental before BT provides a phone socket

This is already on a ticket and has had no response, which is why I chose to add to the forum.
In addition I see a message in the Help Assistant twice a day to indicate that Plusnet are trying to take £0 from my bank account but the payment is failing, which is even more confusing.
"An attempt was made to take the initial fee of 0 for account ***********. However, this failed. Please check to make sure the invoice has been raised correctly, components are present and in the correct state. Take the payment manually if required."
My early experience with Plusnet isn't very encouraging.